Chapter 14

*A picture of Scott Hardy*

It's Saturday and the day I get to see Scott.

I am so amped! I legit can't wait.

Katie picked us all up, except for Mary.

Mary had sent a message in the group chat on Monday night saying that she went on a sudden trip to go and see her grandmother and doesn't know when she'll be back.

The girls were a little worried about her since her phone has been off ever since.

"She probably didn't charge her phone." Julie said from the back seat. "I'm sure she's alright. She is a tough cookie after all." She laughed.

"No shit." Becca laughed beside her.  "Remember that one time when she and Mario stopped talking to each other for two whole weeks?"

"Oh god, that was the funniest ever." Katie yelled from the driver seat.

"Who's Mario?" I asked.

I still have so much to learn about these girls.

"He's Mary's older brother. I think he's 24?" Katie asked the girls in the backseat.

They shook their heads ."Twenty three." They said in unison.

"So what happened?" I asked.

"Well .... Mary broke Mario's soccer trophy by accident and when Mario found out, he was to put it mildy - furious. He yelled at her and told her to never speak to him ever again." Katie laughed at this.

"Following that." Julie started. "Mary had avoided him ever since and was really cold towards him. Even when he tried speaking with her, she never budged."

"Then eventually." Becca drawled. "When Mario practically begged for her forgiveness, she gave in."

"Cold bitch that one." Julie laughed and they all joined in.

"Wow, remind me not to get on her bad side." I joked.

"Behind that cold exterior though, is a very fragile heart." Katie said while drumming her fingers on the steering wheel.

I turned on the radio and one of my favourite songs started playing.

'Work From Home' by Fifth Harmony.

"Turn it up Lily!" Julie yelled excitedly.

"You 'ain't gotta go to work, work, work, work, work, work, work. 🎼
Let my body do the work, work, work, work, work, work. 🎼🎤
We can work from home. 🎤

We all sang in unison, bobbing our heads to the beat.

"And we're here." Katie announced.

"Finally. I'm starving." Julie whined, whilst rubbing her stomach.

We stepped out of the car and my adrenaline was pumping.

As we made our way into the restaurant, we took our seat as the waitress handed us our menus.

"Oooh this is so exciting." Becca squealed, clasping her hands together.

"I know right." I said with a big smile.

"Love the picture Katie." Julie complimented Katie while looking at her phone.

"Let me see." I bent over to see a picture of Katie. It was a pretty picture of her sitting in her car while taking a selfie. I absolutely envy her hair colour. Her natural brown hair flows as the bottom part of her hair was died blonde.