Chapter 32

Lily's POV

Today was graduation day. It felt so surreal.

Whoop!

I was so pumped up.

"I'm ready to go whenever mom and dad is." I said as I came into the kitchen. My smile on full display.

I recently started calling Hazel and Hank mom and dad because I felt like they deserved that honour. They have only shown me love and appreciation, and treated me as if I were their own daughter. No words can describe how grateful I am towards them - my parents.

Rose, Liam and I visit our parents' graves regularly. Even though we get rather emotional each time we visit their graves, it brings a sense of closure and peace to our lives. We know that they would be so proud of how for we've all come.

"Oh Lily darling. At least eat your breakfast first. We don't want a repeat of what happened last time. We can leave directly after that." Hazel tried to reason.

I contemplated hard. "Okay fine." I pouted like a little child.

Mom and dad laughed at my childish behaviour whilst I ate my cereal as fast as I could.

"Done!" I said as I gulped down my glass of water. "Can we go now?"

Mom laughed. "Yeah. Let me just get my ph-"

"Got it!" I exclaimed as I grabbed the phone off the counter and handed it to mom.

"Well lets get going then. Don't wanna be late now do we." Dad chuckled as we all made our way to the car.

Once we arrived at school, mom and dad took a seat in the packed school hall, whilst I made my way to the rest of the students at the back of the hall.

"Lily!" Becca exclaimed as she saw me.

I smiled instantaneously when I saw the rest of the girls and hugged each of them.

"Can you believe it! We made it!" Katie squeeled. "I can't believe it." Her smile never leaving her face.

"Me too." I laughed.

We were all dressed in our capes and graduation hats as we conversed about what we'll be doing after graduating. Where life may take us, and of course not forgetting that trip to Cape Town.

Principal Williams and a few students gave speeches on stage before we were each called up individually to receive our diplomas.

Rose, Ruby and her bestfriend Roman, as well as the rest of the family were in the audience cheering me on as I got my diploma.

My heart swelled with love and appreciation.

"I can't wait to see Mary's face when our surprise surfaces." Julie whispered with a chuckle beside me.

"I know. It's gonna be great." I whispered back with a chuckle of my own.

After the graduation ceremony, the girls and I went to Pop Ice for some ice-cream, which is where the surprise will be going down.

I'm pretty excited for it. Mary has no clue about anything whatsoever. She believes we're just heading for ice-cream and a good old celebration with the girls. Little does she know.

Her little baby bump is much more visible nowadays and she really is glowing beautifully.

Once we arrived at Pop Ice which was completely empty. We kinda, sort of booked the place for the afternoon. Yeah. Some serious business is going down.

We took a seat at a random booth and each ordered our ice-cream.

"The place is unusually quiet today hey girls." Becca mused mischievously.