Chapter 24

After that long refreshing shower I just had, I literally was on cloud nine just thinking about what Brody might have planned.

He was so mysterious about everything, not letting anything slip, much to my dismay of course.

And when asked what was appropriate to wear, all he said was "wear anything cause anything looks good on you." Sweet I know, but not really helpful.

Thankfully I didn't have to stress about what to wear as I already had my outfit ready the day Brody had asked me out on the date.

What? Don't judge me, I was excited okay.

I settled on a Stussy push it turtleneck crop top, black ripped jeans and my double strap shoes.

Just as I had finished applying my make-up, my phone began to ring

Just as I had finished applying my make-up, my phone began to ring. The caller ID was Ruby, making my face light up with a smile.

"Hey Ruby. How are you?" I greeted.

Ruby and Rose have really grown on me this past week. We have indeed spoken a few times regarding Rose and I. Still deciding when and how we're telling the family.

"Hey Lil. I'm amazeballs as always. I can't speak for long, I'm on my way to Roman to help him paint his room. I know boring." She laughed lightly. Roman is Ruby's bestfriend since childhood who secretly in love with her but she's totally oblivious.

"I just wanted to let you know about coming for lunch next week Saturday by my mom's house, so that we can you know, blast them with the everlasting truth." She said dramatically as I laughed.

"Cool. I'll let Hazel and Hank know." I agreed.

"Can't wait sister! See you then. Byeeee." She sang.

"Bye sister! And say hi to Rose for me please."

"Sure will do. Chiao."

After telling Hank about the lunch next week, I joined him in watching a documentary on sharks, just to let time pass by. Hazel was quite bummed because she couldn't meet Brody, she had to work, but I promised her that she could meet him again soon.

After a while, the doorbell rang and my blood immediately started cooking inside.

Oh gosh. Shit just got real.

I stood up and answered the door.

"Hey." I smiled at the beautiful boy in front of me who held a single rose in his hand.

"For you."

My heart. My poor heart.

"Thanks." I smiled the biggest smile. I just couldn't help it.

"Hey young man. You must be Brody." Hank came beside me as he gave Brody a questioning look. "Can I trust you with my daughter?" He folded his arms intimidatingly.