Chapter 2

**A picture of Becca Haynes above**

It was my first period and oh my, we got Maths. I mean what a way to start my senior year:

Killing all my brain cells.

I'm currently sitting in the corner at the back of the class when our Math teacher, Mr. Baker entered. He looks to be in his late forties with quite a few grey hairs visible and wears ridiculously big, round glasses.

"Good morning class." It seemed that his presence instantly silenced everyone.

"So in my hand right here, is the seating arrangements for this class."

As soon as he said this, the whole class starts groaning.

Clearly not happy about this arrangement . I have to admit I agree with them, seeing as I wanted to hide in this little corner forever, but it seemed like whatever I did to try and stay under the radar backfired.

"Quiet down now." And the class followed suit.

"Okay so listen up. We're sitting in alphabetical order starting from the right side down, and the desks will be jointed so that you guys will be able to help each other out when necessary."

He started calling out our names alphabetically and we all stood up shuffling towards our new seats.

I made my way to the middle of the class to my new desk and took a seat.

"Hey." A voice called out behind me before taking a seat on my right, beside me.

"Hey." I greeted with a smile to the girl.

She was so gorgeous with her light brown, almost blonde wavy hair that was in a bob. She had beautiful big hazel brown eyes. And wore a white jean shorts with a blue tank top and a pair of white converse.

"My name is Rebecca Haynes but my friends call me Becca. You can call me Becca if you'd like. And you must be Lily Gomez."

"Yeah... How did you know my name?" I scrunched my eyebrows up in confusion.

"Well like almost the whole school has been talking about you ever since they saw you conversing with Zack Rider earlier."

I inwardly gulped. Seriously though, my conversation with him was not too long ago and already I'm being the centre of all the gossip. I mean seriously c'mon.

"Why? I dont get it." I was confused and curious as to why people were making a big deal out of this.

"Because-" she started "-he is the most popular guy in RHS and the epitome of every teenage girls dream guy. And he was seen talking and walking the new girl to class and to be honest, Zack is never really seen talking to a girl unless his friends are around, let alone the newbie that just transferred. It's quite obvious that he likes you." She stated matter-of-factly.

And I'm here just like:
You must be joking.

"You must be joking." I voiced out my thoughts.

She chuckled. "No I'm not. I'm quite serious actually. Zack Rider has always been single and quite frankly it doesn't seem like he ever wanted to be in a relationship. There are even rumors going around that he is still-" She trailed off and whispered -"a virgin."

Wow.

It was kind of hard to believe that a guy like him has never done the deed before, but I guess he had his reasons (if the rumor is true).

"I'm so lost" I chuckled.

"Like I said. I think he likes you Lily."

Like I'd believe that.

"I find that hard to believe, but thanks for telling me about this though, because I was kind of wondering why some girls were giving me these weird stares as if I stole their Gucci bags or something."

Becca laughed and recovered after a few seconds, whispering to me, "Thats because Zack Rider is Gucci." And this time she doubled over in laughter. I couldn't help but laugh along, it was funny.

She pat my back. "You don't have to worry about those girls anyway because I've got your back Lily." She reassured me with a smile.

"I'll meet you by your locker during break, we'll head to the cafeteria together, if that's okay with you?"

"Yeah sure Becca." I smiled at her.

It seemed as though staying under the radar and making no friends is impossible since I've just made one.

Maybe I should just try and enjoy my senior year with people who actually will have my back, like Becca.

The rest of the period went by pretty fast considering that I despise maths, but what really got me was that Mr. Baker just gave us two pages of homework to complete.

And I'm just here like, 'what about my human rights?'

Sigh.

*****************************

Hope you enjoyed this chapter lovelies 💖.
Please vote & comment your thoughts. xxxxxx