TSD 29: Take Care

Ka'Miko woke up with Khaleesi under her arm. There was just one day left until Pharaoh's court date. She didn't talk to Tyrese since their failed date. She tried to call him and apologize but, after he didn't answer for the second time it was clear he wasn't trying to hear anything she was trying to say.

It was almost 11 in the morning, and Khaleesi was still knocked out from their mommy/daughter movie night that lasted til 2am because of Khaleesi's sugar high.

Ka'Miko crept out of bed into the living room. KJ laid across the couch with a cup of hot chocolate in hand.

"Good morning." He smiled at her.

He had been staying with her to keep an eye on her for Pharaoh but also because he cared.

"Morning, big head." She smiled back, sitting on the couch in front of him.

"You nervous?" He asked her. 

"About what? Pharaoh? Naah, fuck that nigga. He doesn't give a shit about me, I don't give a shit about him." She kissed her teeth. 

Pharaoh used his daily phone call to sit and talk to Khaleesi and Ka'Miko didn't have a problem with that but whenever she answered the phone he gave her all of his attitude. The last time they spoke the conversation got heated quick.

"Lemme talk to my daughter now." He would say.

"Or what, nigga? Now you have time for us, I guess so now that you ain't in that dirty bitch's pussy." She barked  at him.

"Keep talking shit, Ka'Miko. I'ma see your ass soon." He yelled back. 

"Fuck you." She replied before hanging up.

Ever since then, she just handed Khaleesi the phone, not even bothering to hear his voice or greet him. 

"Yeah, you say that now but when he gets out yo ass gon' be happy as fuck." KJ scoffed. 

"Gets out? You know how much evidence they have on him. He's already been in there for two months." She replied.

KJ laughed, "Kalicoe's got enough money to assure that Pharaoh doesn't spend more than two years in there. Regularly,  homie would be serving a good 25 to life. Your fuck ass cop wasn't 'bout to handle shit that Pharaoh didn't already have under wraps. But, you didn't take up a date with Captain Save-a-Hoe for Pharaoh. You did that because you were feeling that punk." He said. 

"You don't know what you're talking about." Ka'Miko shook her head. 

"Shut the fuck up with that shit. I know you, Kam. You was all sad over the dude cause you thought you might have missed an opportunity to find someone better." KJ was right.

He understood her better than anyone else. He sympathized with her decisions and let her live. She was the little sister he never knew he wanted. 

"Kam, if Pharaoh gets out...when he gets out and you don't want to fuck with him anymore...it'll be his loss, not yours. He's like a brother to me and he can be real foul to you. He shows you some type of aggression I've never seen because he cares. But you gotta find someone who loves you the way you want to be loved, not the way they feel like loving you." He told her.

She didn't notice the tears that found their way to her eyes and down her cheeks. 

"You think Pharaoh would be mad at you for saying that?" She smirked. 

"Real friends tell you real shit. I've always kept it 100 with him, especially when it came to how he treats you. I warned him that Tyrese is actually a good dude. He wanted me to do some background check on him. He had quite a reputation in the streets but, he changed. No kids. No baby mamas. No girlfriend. I told him you might end up liking him but clearly, that notion went South." He told her.