TSD 35: S N I T C H

"Let's go get our hair  and nails done." Raymond suggested, "It's been a minute since Ive had these edges laid." 

"Sure," She smiled, "But first I have to get my little baby ready." 

"I'm not a baby." Khaleesi said in protest.

"Thats right, mama." He smirked back.

After spending 20 minutes getting Khaleesi together, Ka'Miko finished throwing on some jogging pants and throwing her hair up into a messy bun. As they drove down the street listening to the smooth sounds of Alina Baraz, Kamiko felt peaceful, but a small weary feeling just wouldn't leave the pit of her stomach.

"Hey... do you ever get that feeling like something bad is gonna happen?" She asked, turning the music lower.

"Girl, nothing but good things are in the motion for today." He said confidently.

"I don't know, something just doesn't feel right." She sighed, "Maybe i'm just paranoid." 

"You are, girl." He laughed, "Let it go, everything you ever wanted is bound to happen soon enough." He smiled.

"I hope so." She mumbled staring out the window.

In all honesty, she had felt this way for weeks. Something told her that things were running smooth and something terrible just had to happen. Good things happen to some people, and she just wasn't one of them. 

They arrived at the salon and she sat Khaleesi down to get her nails painted. 

"We so needed this!" He squeeled as they sat in the massage chairs allowing their feet to soak.

She nodded and smiled but used no words to reply.

"Kam, what is wrong with you?" He sighed, "The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, can you please cheer your sad ass up?" He said with frustration coating his tone.

"Sorry." She smiled, "Hey, How's your new boo?"

His face lit up like a Christmas Tree as he smiled, "Giiiiirl, he is just everything and more, he's perfect. He took me out to dinner the other night and you know we got all types of freaky. " He laughed

She giggled and shook her head, "You nasty." 

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking bout, that lil rugrat over there didn't get here by you being a saint." He teased.

"Boooy, you know I can back this ass up!" They laughed and gave each other high fives.

"I know that's right, bitch." He laughed.

A woman cleared her throat interrupting their laughter.

"Sorry to interrupt," She said softly as they turned their attention to her, "Do I know you from somewhere?" 

The slim blonde white lady squinted with a slight smile. 

"Uh, I don't think so." Kamiko replied politely.

"I'm sorry, "The woman giggled, "I must have you mistaken for someone else." She smiled.

Kamiko nodded and gave a raised eyebrow.

"Is that your daughter?" The woman continued the conversation.

"Yeah." Kamiko smiled looking in the direction the lady was pointing.

"She's beautiful. I hope you don't mind me asking, are you still with the father?" she questioned taking Kamiko off guard.

"Excuse you?" He cut her off, rolling his neck.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive, it's just.."The lady leaned in close to Kamiko so only she could hear, "When he goes away, it's going to be real unfortunate." She sat upright and smirked before getting out of the chair.

"Who was that bitch?" Ray asked in confusion. 

"I have no idea," Kamiko said breathlessly.

Go away...? To where? She thought, was he cheating on her again, was this girl one of his hoes? 

Before she could even think about the things she wanted to do to Pharaoh when they got home her friend interrupted her thoughts.

"Whatever, she doesn't matter today is all about you!" He smiled.

For the next two hours, they got their nails done, and hair was done. Kamiko got her hair silk pressed and it fell smoothly down to her butt. The hairdresser insisted on adding two braids that wrapped around her head creating a slight crown and dazzled it with sparkly accessories.