TSD 21: Time Flies

Ka'Miko woke up in the morning, showered and got dressed. She was way more nervous than she thought she would be. She stood in the mirror and smoothed her hand over her stomach. She couldn't imagine how it would be if her stomach would grow so large. None of her clothes would fit, she didn't have money to constantly buy new ones, and how would she be able to support the child on her own? In the back of her mind, she knew she could manage on her own, but she was debating if she really wanted to. She took a deep breath before hopping on the bus, and heading to her destination. When she got to the place, the doors never seemed so large and intimidating. She raised her hand to knock, then put it back down.

"Man up, Ka'Miko." She said to herself before knocking hard. 

"Hey Ka'Miko..come in." Pharaoh's mother smiled. 

Ka'Miko lightly smiled and went inside. She took a seat at the dinner table, and his mother sat across from her. 

"Cookies?" She asked, taking the lid off the tray.

"Uhm, no thank you." She said, shaking her head. 

"So what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Well.."She took a deep breath, "I'm pregnant..and I'm scared..and I don't want to tell your son because I'm afraid how he'll react. I want to abort it, but then I don't. I know I can handle it, but I'm not ready to be a parent yet."Ka'Miko confessed.

His mother was expressionless. 

"KALICOE!" She yelled, her eyes never leaving Ka'Miko.

Ka'Miko got nervous, her leg bounced up and down. As she looked at her heands, she was afraid of what they may do to her. 

"Why you screamin' in the fuckin' house?" He barked as he entered the room, stopping when he saw Ka'Miko.

"Babygirl! What you doin' here?" He smiled at her. 

It seemed genuine and Ka'Miko returned it with a light grin. 

"Ka'Miko, here..is, uhm, pregnant with our son's child." His wife informed him. 

He looked surprised, as he scrunched up his face. 

"Forreal?" He asked, Ka'Miko sitting next to her. 

She nodded.

"Well..Congratulations..I guess." He shrugged.

"She's not sure if she wants to keep it and she doesn't want to tell Pharaoh." His wife said again. 

"You can't terminate the pregnancy." He shook his head, "Nah, that's my first grandchild, can't happen. Sorry." 

"It should be my decision, I just wanted to inform you guys." 

"Well..I'm informing you, that you gon' stay here with us. You don't have to tell Pharaoh just yet, but I'm not about to let you leave and get rid of my grandchild or do anything to jeopordize it's life." Kalicoe said.

"No..it's fine, I can stay at my own place." She argued. 

"Alright..well, you do that..but if I find out you got rid of that baby, you'll have a whole new world of problems. Do what you gotta do as far as Pharaoh goes, but I'm not about to let you destroy that child." He said, his voice showing obvious irritation. 

She just nodded because she didn't want to get on either of their bad side. Kalicoe got up and left the room. Pharaoh's mother came and sat next to Ka'Miko patting her hand. Ka'Miko started to cry as she sobbed into her hand. 

"I can't do this. I'm not ready." She cried. 

"I wasn't ready to have a child, but I did. It was one of the best decisions I ever made, you're a strong girl. You will be fine. I know it. Keep me posted..We'll keep your secret, but just don't exclude us because of your ill feelings toward our son." She said softly.