TSD 8: Trouble

Ka'Miko stood in Pharaoh's full length mirror and looked herself over. She was more ashamed than hurt. She saw Pharaoh standing in the background through the reflection of the mirror, watching her.

"You know..you're the only man, I've actually felt safe with. Maybe it's cause you saved me but..I actually like..liked you. I sometimes just think of myself as this sexual being. Like it's all I was made for. Sex was the only thing that people thought about when they saw me..and now, most of the time,that's what I think about when I see myself. No one would ever care for me, unless I gave myself, my pride, dignity and anything else I have. It's very rare that someone chooses not to take advantage of me; You didn't so...thank you." She didn't actually turn to face him til she finished.

Tears ran down her cheeks. She wondered if forcing herself on to Pharaoh felt like how she felt when men forced themselves on to her. She couldn't tell how he was feeling, his eyes were constantly cold.

He turned away back into the washroom to finish brushing his teeth. He didn't understand Ka'Miko, he already knew her self-esteem was low. She just wanted to feel loved but she went about it the wrong way; He understood that it was the only way she knew. Ka'Miko didn't understand that love was deeper than throwing yourself at someone in order to make them like you. She didn't understand that love could exist without sex, although sex played a part in the connection. As much as he would want to give into her temptation, he knew it would only further mess up her head.

Pharaoh finished getting ready and Ka'Miko was dressed by the time he was done. Neither of them spoke, he just grabbed his keys indicating that it was time to go. The ride was silent and awkward, she gave a weak smile as a thank you and left.

When she got to into her apartment, LeeLee was on the couch eating. LeeLee had the spare apartment key and Ka'Miko had they key to LeeLee's house.

"Hey birthday bitch." LeeLee commented.

Ka'Miko sighed, and plopped down next to her.

"Long night?" LeeLee winked.

"I just slept." Ka'Miko shrugged.

"You were a HAM last night, a Hot Ass Mess." LeeLee laughed.

"I feel like it." Ka'Miko replied.

"Pharaoh looked so pissed last night." She continued.

"He wasn't." Ka'Miko said dryly.

She didn't want to speak about it anymore because she felt bad enough about the situation. LeeLee took the hint and dropped the topic.

Pharaoh headed over to a little food joint to meet up with KJ. KJ was seated at a table, sipping coffee. Pharaoh daps him and slid into the booth.

"What's good?" KJ asked.

"Not a thing." He sighed.

"You get some last night?" KJ smirked.

"Nah man. I ain't gonna get down like that with her. I'm officially done." He told him.

"Sure..you said that last time." KJ laughed.

"I'm forreal. She got some real issues..I ain't tryna get too deeply involved in it. I'm done." Pharaoh

spoke in a very stern tone.

"Hey, can I get you anything?" The cute waitress asked Pharaoh.

She had been watching the two men for a minute but was nervous to approach. Pharaoh eyed her up and down. She was just average to him, nothing about her screamed 'special'. She was simply cute. Her hair was straight with a swoop bang, she had in thick fake lashes and light make-up. Her body was nice, as well as her smile.