Chapter 37

~Mikayla~

"Maybe we should go..." I trail off noticing he isn't listening. I tug on his arm but he waves me away.

"No." Principal Trevor replies.

"No? You're gonna regret this." Aiden's dad's voice was full of venom. He sure made the British accent a disgrace.

"No brother. I am done being scared of you. I am done crawling on my knees for you. You took Aiden from me and I am going to tell him the truth." Aiden's face was masked with so many emotions all at once. Surprise,shock, anger, frustration, but most of all pain.

"What?" He whispered more to himself. I got up with my bag and pulled Aiden's shirt.

"Get up!" I whispered loudly. He got up as I hauled him up and accidentally made me kick one of the trash bins. It made a loud noise and everyone got quiet inside.

"What was that?" Aiden's dad asked from the inside.

"Come on it's time to go!" I warn and then we're running away from there. We make it back to our dorms but I drag him inside mines.

"I'm so confused. I've read and heard two different stories about Principal Trevor. Is he my dad or uncle?" Aiden speaks so softly.

"He's your dad. What we read in your dad's journal was fake. That's how he likes to see what happened. He lied to you. He even wrote down his lies." I reassure him.Then he stands up and glares at me.

"Then why didn't you tell me soonr?! My whole life I lived a lie and you didn't tell me!" He accuses me with hatred.

"I barely found ou-" I started to say but he interrupted.

"I thought you were my friend." He snaps and then walks out slamming the door. Then I heard his door slam as well.

How the hell did I turn out to be the bad guy? I had barely found out last night and it wasn't in my hands to tell him. It was up to Principal Trevor not me. I looked at the time and realized how late I was so I decided to not go. Instead I dropped my bag and went outside to knock on Aiden's door.

"Aiden! Open up. I barely found out yesterday. How was I supposed to tell you anyways?" I yell through the door waiting for a response or something. Silence.

Then I hear a glass break. I fumble with the knob but nothing. I just want to comfort him. He's angry right now and being reckless. I pound on the door but still nothing.

I slid down on the door and sat on the step. I laid my head on my hand that was perched on my knee and looked out at the passerbys.

I noticed one of the guards walking close by so I got up quickly and went inside my dorm. If they saw me they would have asked why I wasn't at school and then what would I say? I obviously don't look sick.

I closed the door behind me and felt like breaking something myself.  I grabbed a glass from the counter and served myself some water to try and relax myself. I sat down and finished my water as I stared into the wall. I didn't even realize I was gripping the cup until it broke.

It ended up cutting my palm and blood started flowing out. It hurt and just as I was about to get a towel the door opened.

Carson entered and I realized it was already the afternoon. Has that much time really passed? Jacob came in behind him along with Lizlee and Jason.

"You're bleeding!" Carson exclaimed as he rushed to my side to examine my hand but I retreated it. The blood was still oozing out and it burned but I didn't let him know that.

  "No shit, Sherlock." I retort. He looks at me with an expression of hurt. I immediately feel bad and that is something I rarely feel.

"I was trying to help." He says and starts to walk into his room but I stop him. Everyone else had retreated into their rooms. Probably to ignore each other.