Chapter 8

~Mikayla~

It was finally Monday and we were all on our way to the school.

"Hey anybody want to give me a piggy back ride?" I asked the guys.

"No!" They all said together.

"I see you're still betraying me." I told Carson.

"I see you're right." He joked while I gave him a playful glare.

Lizlee had left earlier than us since she had mentioned something about her camera and how she needed to do something I just didn't know what because the second she said camera I zoned out.

I had my art project in hand since it was due today. The guys had to do it too but did they do it? Nope not at all. Carson had lied about doing it. Well actually he had started it but then it came out horrible so he begged me to do it but then I said no so now he didn't have one.

We had to create a sculpture of our talent and if it was art well we would pick our second best talent. I made a book with swirls coming out of it as if it was a magic book. Somehow I managed to make it and even paint it and now I just wanted her to but it in her kilm so I could glaze it.

"Can you guys carry my bag because I feel like my sculpture's gonna fall?" I asked the guys this time serious.

"No!" They yelled again. Now I got pissed off.

"Thanks you guys are too kind!" I retorted sarcastically.

I walked faster to get ahead of them since I didn't want to talk to them anymore risking of dropping my sculpture.

"Hey I was joking back there. Let me carry your bag." Carson offered. I smiled gratefully and let him take my bag.

"Sorry it's just I get mad easily. Must run in the family." I apologized.

"How come you haven't talked about where you came from or about your family?" He asked earnestly.

I tensed up. "It's a touchy subject." I chose my words carefully.

"Got it. You don't want to talk about it. Completely understand." He smiled briefly and I smiled grateful again.

We finally got to school and we both went to art class to leave my sculpture there since I didn't want to risk dropping it and breaking it.

"And where's your sculpture?" The teacher eyed him suspiciously.

"I didn't do it." He mumbled sheepishly.

"What? Pardon me?" She put her hand to her ear as if trying to hear better even though she heard him clearly.

"I didn"t do it." He confessed louder while I laughed silently when he wasn't looking.

"I know you didn't that's why I am giving you an F." the teacher replied walking away.

"What?! Give me another week please! If I fail this class I won't be able to act in plays and shows."

Carson pleaded.

"Let me think about it...no!" She replied.

"Please?!" He pleaded again.

"I'm just kidding. It's due 'til next week. I asked Mikayla to convince you guys it was due this week just cause I wanted you to beg me to give you another week." She explained.

"That's so not nice!" He exclaimed while the teacher and I cracked up. After a while we left the class.

"Don't tell Jason and Jacob okay?" I told him. He nodded and then we made our way to our first period. It was all the same.