Chapter 15

~Angela~

Mikayla just walked away when I was talking to her. That got me pissed. You don't know how many times I have wanted to giver her a black eye and beat her up but I know that's not gonna work. She would have me on the floor in a second but I would never admit that out loud.

"Are you okay? You're giving that 'I wanna slap you' look at the tree." Olive said coming up to me.

She always annoyed me but the only reason I kept her around was because she practically worshipped me. Was it wrong? Yes. Did I care? No, not really.

"Oh I wasn't giving that look to the tree. I was giving it to Mikayla." I answered.

"Okay? Anyways have you seen Carson? Remember we still have a plan here?" She reminded me.

"Look there's been a change of plans and it doesn't include you so stop following him around like a puppy. We all know you still like him so get over it." I pointed out.

She frowned and since she didn't have a snappy comeback she walked away. This amused me. I enjoyed hurting other people's feelings.

I still needed to find a way to get into the principal's office. It was in the back room of the principal's office and unlike the East Side the secretary here actually paid attention which was a problem. I made my way to class after the bell rang. I was going to be late but right now I didn't care.

~Carson~

Mikayla had made it pretty clear that she could look out for herself and she has even proven it but still I couldn't help but feel protective. Throughout the day I watched her carefully and worried. She may act like she didn't care but obviously she was bothered by something.

 I could see right through her somehow but I knew she was hurting. Still I couldn't do anything because she wouldn't let me in. I just wanted to help her. Still she seemed to enjoy shutting out everyone and keeping to herself.

Lunch came and she just sat there listening to music while picking her food. She didn't even eat anything. Lizlee was the same. She was quiet and kept more to herself than usual. Jason was clearly worried for her.

"Sooooo....." I dragged the 'o'.

"I got somewhere to be so I'm just gonna go." Aaron made an excuse to leave the awkward tension filling the table. This has to be the most awkward moment I have ever been in.

"I hate him. I hate him. He was just a jerk." Lizlee started mumbling to herself not noticing that we could hear her. Mikayla narrowed her eyes, stood up and stormed out of the cafeteria.

The last two classes went by fast with all the awkardness still there. I have never hated my life as much as I did. The day ended quickly and the minute the bell rang Mikayla stomped out. We all glanced at each other and ran after her. She had the face that said 'I'm gonna kill someone' which was never good.

She half ran-half walked all the way to the gate that divided the East and West. We thought she would stop there but she went right in just how we did when we first met Aiden. We followed quietly so she wouldn't hear us. She asked a few people for Aiden and they all told her that he was at his dorm. Since she didn't know where that was she asked other students where his dorm was.

Once she got directions she walked over there and knocked. Not banged like I expected her to but knocked. We all hid behind some bushes close to the dorm. Lizlee was especially confused and wanted to know what she was going to do.

~Mikayla~

I knocked on Aiden's dorm and waited patiently. Actually I was losing my patience but I didn't dare bang the door. Once he opened the door his eyes widened when he saw me and before he could say anything I slapped him.

He looked at me in shock and then it turned to anger.

"What the hell was that for?!" He demanded.

"Lizlee." I answered calmly. I stood right outside his dorm and luckily no one was out to see or else they would just be staring.

"Lizlee?" He asked as if he's never heard her name before.

"Yes. She was crying over you. I can't stand to see her cry over some guy. She's my friend and you broke her heart! Her tears aren't worth it!" I accused disgusted.

"How would you know how a broken heart feels like?" He glared. I narrowed my eyes and straight up got even more pissed than I already was.

"You don't know me so you don't know what I've been through. Now I suggest you shut up and walk back inside your dorm crying." I ordered.

"Or what?" He asked for it. I kneed him in the area where it hurts. He fell to his knees in pain. I smirked and then walked away.

"Come one guys!" I told my roommates that were in the bush. They thought that I didn't know. They quickly got out and looked around.

"How did you know we were in there?" Jason asked.

"You know whispering 'Hurry up! She's walking too fast!' isn't exactly whispering when I can hear it all the way across from you guys." I pointed out. They smiled shyly and then we all went back to our campus and dorm.

We slipped past the guards and all I could think was they needed better employees. And they're competition? I guess.

"Why did you slap him?" Lizlee asked once we go to our dorm. The guys all went into the kitchen looking through the cabinets for snacks as if they were starving. Guys being guys.

"He broke your heart." I responded.

"Yeah but why did you do it?" She asked meaning why did I really do it.

"Let's just say I've had my heart broken in a much worse manner." I replied before going to our room leaving her in the living room confused. They all wanted to know what had happened before I came to this school but I would not budge. It happened in the past and that was where it belonged.

I started doing my homework and I finished til the night. It took me all afternoon. I knew Lizlee was doing it in the living room since that was where she liked to do her homework almost every day. The guys never did their homework and always wanted to copy off of Lizlee but she never let them. They didn't dare ask me. They were too scared.

I put my homework away and got into my pajamas. Then I fell into my bed while Lizlee and everyone was still up. Almost immediately I fell asleep. I didn't dream though. Instead I had a flashback.

*Flashback*

"He keeps looking over here." My best friend, Lily, whispered excited.

"Well of course he is. Don't they all?" I smiled seductively.

"Now he's walking over here!" Lily whispered loudly. I smirked and stood up.

"Hey can I talk to you in private?" Matt asked shyly. I smiled and then dragged him to somewhere private and alone.

"Um I was wondering if you would go out with me." He smiled afraid of what I would say.

"Of course. You're the hottest guy at this school and I'm the most popular girl at this school." I explained. He nodded and then we walked back inside holding hands knowing we made it official.

Before we would always flirt and sometimes make-out but this is the first time we made it official. That was my life then. I was scarred for life after all that. I would never go back no matter how much I missed my family. My dad seemed to forget about me afterwards. He thought of me as a slut after that but he has no idea how much I changed.

*Flashback Over*

I woke with a start and noticed tear stains were on my cheeks. I was crying in my sleep. Is that even possible? I guess it is.

I looked at the clock and it read 2:45 a.m. Lizlee was sound asleep so all I could do was lay there and stare at the ceiling. I laid there for what seemed like hours until I was finally able to go to sleep. I was scared of next week though.

Next week was Thanksgiving Break and everyone was allowed to stay with their families for the week to spend Thanksgiving with. I couldn't go back to my family. They all seemed to forget about me. I knew everyone else was leaving. I guess I would stay here by myself.

Look what my life has turned to.