Chapter 35

~Jason~

"Wake up! You're gonna be late for school!" I nudged Carson as he was asleep on the couch. Everyone else was eating some toast while Jacob was reading the back of a cereal box. Everything was quiet since there was still some tension.

Lizlee and Jacob wouldn't meet eye-to-eye and it annoyed me. Couldn't they get past their differences? Girls cause so much drama I swear. I slapped Carson slightly until he woke up.

"What?" He asked randomly sitting up. He stared at us but Mikayla didn't even look his way. He realized that too so he got up and went to go get ready.

***

"Give me the paint! I asked nicely but you still won't give it to me!" Mikayla yelled at me. The teacher was off in the back getting more supplies for the mural we are supposed to paint in art class. There was a white canvas as tall as the wall where we would all paint a part of it.

"Fine! You want paint then here you have it!" I replied and threw a handful of purple paint on her splattered white apron. She stood back and looked shocked and angry.

"What the hell?! Since when are you a jerk!" She shouted and then grabbed a handful of yellow paint and threw it at my face.

"You wanna play like that then you got it." She retorted as she held handfuls of paint in both hands ready to throw at me. I did the same and soon the art students crowded around me. One of them got a handful of paint as well and threw it at a kid across the room.

"That's for stealing my girl you jerk!" Soon a war broke around us with paint. It felt like paintball but this time we were using our hands. I was distracted so when I turned around Mikayla put brown paint all over my face.

"You needed a tan anyways." She smirked and walked away so I took the chance and got the black paint and threw it on top of her paint. She turned around frustrated and slapped me. I went too far.

"I thought you were better. Didn't think you would go this far." She said and then walked away. I noticed Lizlee was hiding in the corner hiding but trying to take pictures as paint splattered everywhere. That's when I realized the walls were all covered in splashes of paint.

"I'm sorry! It's just I'm tired of all this drama and tension and I accidentally took out the anger on you." I said as I grabbed her wet arm.

"The drama isn't even with you so I don't get what you're so angry. You think I asked for any of this? No! And just forget it. I understand so don't worry about it." Wait was she actually forgiving me?

"So we're cool?" I asked hopeful.

"Yes. Right after this." Then she threw paint all over me. I looked multicolored.

"I guess I did deserve that." I laughed. Students all around us were laughing and throwing paint at each other. Then I heard even more paint buckets drop.

"What is going on?!" Our teacher yelled flustered. Oh I totally forgot about the teacher. Everyone pointed at Mikayla and me. The teacher started turning red.

"You two! I-" She paused. "I did not expect this coming from you Mikayla. I am very disappointed in you and now you are gonna spend everyday after school cleaning my room up. The same goes for you Jason understood? Now excuse me while I go cool off." She demanded and then stomped outside. Mikayla shot me daggers and Lizlee started taking pictures of both of us since we were covered in paint the most. Jacob and Carson were half covered in paint.

Angela had left before the paint war had started. I stared down and just walked into the hallway. Mikayla followed and we went to the restrooms.

"This is all your fault." Mikayla mumbled.