Chapter 16

~Jason~

"So you're just gonna stay here the whole week alone? You know everyone is leaving right? Only a few students and staff members are staying." I asked Kayla. Yes I'm still calling her that.

"Yeah. Don't worry I'll find something to do." She smiled. I knew it was forced but I wasn't going to comment or else she would just lie and cover it up. Jacob had left already since he was staying with his aunt and mom for Thanksgiving. Carson was going to England and Aaron was going to go with his family. Now it was just Lizlee and me left to go.

Kayla was just standing by the door helping us with our suitcase. The taxi was waiting for us out of school so the guards were gonna take it to the taxi. It was their job.

"Bye! Have fun!" Kayla yelled before she closed the door behind us.

"Well she seemed excited to see us leave." Lizlee commented with a hurt expression. Wow she can be so naive. Actually I can be very naive but now she's a different issue. I rolled my eyes hoping she wouldn't see.

"Why did you roll your eyes at me?" She demanded.

"I didn't roll my eyes at you. I simply looked at the sky then down." I made an excuse.

"Lies! You don't make your eyes go in circles when you simply look up and then back down." She pointed out.

"Yes I rolled my eyes at you! So what?!" I yelled.

"Geez no need to yell." She said quietly.

"Sorry it's just clearly she is not enjoying staying alone. She's sad that she has to stay there alone." I explained.

"Really?" That was all she asked. Again I rolled my eyes and luckily we were just at the gates that let us out where the taxi was. The guard was just finishing putting our suitcases in and as we left he gave us a farewell. The taxi took us to the airport and throughout the whole car ride I kept thinking of how Kayla was miserable.

~Jacob~

I was finally at my aunt's house where my mom was staying after recently divorcing my dad. He needed to be alone afterwards but he was a nice guy. Things just weren't working out for years and they haven't for years. I'm just surprised they barely got divorced. I still loved them both though.

I opened the door and the first person I saw beside my mom after picking me up was my brother, Rikki.

"Rikki!" I yelled and we went in for a hug.

"How you been? Any girls?" Rikki nudged me plafully. My mom just walked by laughing and went into the kitchen.

"Just one but I'm not telling you anything!" I implied and he narrowed his eyes.

"Nope still haven't changed a bit." He replied and walked away so I can greet the rest of my family.

"Wow you have grown!" My aunt exclaimed as she came to give me a hug.

"Well it's been 3 years since I've seen you!" I reminded her. She smiled warmly and gave me another hug.

 "Well come on. A whole week here with us I suggest you hang out with your cousin.

"Do you hate me?" I asked her. She looked at me in confusion at first but then smiled.

"I know Gabe hasn't exactly been the nicest to you in the past years but he's changed." She explained about her son. He was a year older than me and ever since we were little kids he has been making my life a living hell. I haven't seen him for three years though.

"Oh really? So you're sure he won't handcuff me to a stop sign and leave me there throughout the whole night?" I asked crossing my arms. He did that when I was 14 and he was 15. You would think he would have done it when we were kids but no!