Chapter 34

~Mikayla~

I heard fallen leaves crunch on the grass as someone stepped on them.

"Leave me alone Carson." I sneered.

"The last time I checked I wasn't British and had brown hair, so no Carson here." Jason pointed out. I looked up but couldn't see Jason that well cause of the sun's blare.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Made sure if you were okay. I'm lying I just wanted to see if you would finally cry but I can see that didn't happen. How did you not cry?! Lizlee would have cried! Damn you are a brick wall!" Jason confessed. I just laughed and rolled my eyes.

I was still laying on the grass when Jason came and laid next to me.

"So I wanna ask you something?" He started off.

"Ask away my not so friend." I replied.

"Why didn't you cry? I mean most girls would cry after finding out they're boyfriend-"

"Ex." I corrected him.

"Well ex-boyfriend was keeping a secret from them." He implied.

"I don't cry." I simply answered.

"You did cry one time though. Remember that?" He smirked. I smacked his arm hard.

"Ow!" He held his arm.

"Anyways that was stupid. I was remembering something that doesn't have to be brought up again so I'm over it." I explained tersely.

"If it was something that hurt you bad enough to make you not trust people anymore than you're obviously not over it." He said wisely.

"I didn't ask you!" I answered defensively. He just laughed and stood up.

"Come on let's go." He said and held his hand out for me. I grabbed it and let him pull me up.

We walked back to the dorm and once we arrived no one was there. Where was everybody? I looked at Jason but he shrugged not knowing where they were either. I ignored it and decided to eat an apple. I was about to reach it when Jason grabbed it first. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You knew I was gonna get that apple! It's the only one left!" I accused.

"I know, that's why I got it." He admitted.

"Jason! Okay fine, half and half?" I suggested.

"Okay sure." He agreed and then started eating the apple. Eventually I forgot about it until I turned to him and saw he was more than half way done with the apple.

"Jason! We were supposed to eat half and half!" I reminded him. His eyes widened.

"I forgot! Sorry here I took the red stuff off of it. Your welcome for that." He handed me the apple.

"No! I don't want it anymore!" I yelled as I walked to my room. "Eating my half of the apple. Don't know how to share." I mumbled as I slammed the door. I really wanted an apple.

~Carson~

I saw Mikayla run off so I decided to go confront Angela. I caught up with her and yanked her arm.

"What the hell?! What is your problem?!" I growled. All she did was smirk.

"How did you even find this?" I added.

"The file room. I had a little help." She answered. Knowing she wasn't gonna answer me completely I just walked away. She had to ruin everything. I knew I should have told Mikayla the truth.