Chapter 1

I want to dedicate this chapter to munchkin798 (also my Batman/Ninja partner in crime) because she was supportive of it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That morning I was walking in through the main doors to go find my new locker but that didn't stop me from sketching a bird I had seen earlier outside. I had a sideways bag that went across my body from my shoulders to my hips, full of documents, my writing notebook, iPod, and sketchbook along with my art utensils.

I was listening to my iPod while sketching when I accidentally bumped into a guy. I dropped my sketchpad but immediately picked it up, apologized with a scowl, and continued sketching.

I got to my new locker and put my sketchpad in there. I put in my writing journal as well and the documents I had needed earlier. Then I got out the schedule that was in there and made my way to my first class. First I had improvise, second I had art, photography, literature (writing), dance, and lastly I had choir.

The bell rang so I put my sketchpad, writing notebook, and my iPod in my bag and headed to my first period with schedule in hand.

I finally reached it and noticed students were making there way into class. I was glad I wasn't late on my first day.

There was only chairs spread out with no desks and a stage up in the front. I decided to take a seat in the very back next to the wall.

The tardy bell finally rang and the class started. The teacher came to me and asked me if I was the new student Mikayla in which I responded.

Then he gave two students to go upstage and act a tragic scene. I didn't really pay attention so I took out my sketchpad and this time I drew a couple holding hands in the rain.

"Mikayla, are you paying attention?" The teacher brought me back to reality.

"Yes." I lied, an innocent smile on my face.

"Such a liar." I heard a girl in front of me whisper.

"You have something to say to my face?!" I snapped, my anger immediately rising.

"Just that you're lying." She answered. She was average height with brown wavy hair, chocolate brown eyes, square-nerdy glasses, and tan skin.

"Let me guess you're the goody two-shoes, geek, loner, kiss-up, and teacher's pet of the school." I spat. Okay so I don't have the best attitude and I'm sometimes short-tempered. What can I say? People annoy me.

The girl stared at me now frowning but didn't say anything back. "How did you know?!" A guy in the front asked. I ignored him and continued glaring at the girl.

"No comeback. No surprise there." I heard another guy whisper from the opposite corner.

"Mikayla, sit down!" The teacher ordered. I did as told and went back to my drawing. What a great way to start my day. Sarcasm.

I spent the rest of the class period drawing and when the bell rang I put my earphone that was hanging from my shirt on and made my way to my second period. I was excited for my next class. It was art, one of my favorite subjects.

I walked with my head down, just listening to music. I put my sketchpad in my bag and got to class. Before I got there I went by my locker to get more art utensils since the ones I had ran out.

I entered and the teacher called me towards her. I gave her my schedule and that's when I noticed the girl from earlier walk in. She didn't seem to notice me so she sat down.

"You're gonna sit next to Lizlee." The teacher instructed.

"Who's Lizlee?" I asked.

She pointed behind me and that's when I noticed that Lizlee was the girl who I got into an argument earlier. Her eyes widened once she realized what was going on.