Chapter 9

~Mikayla~

Throughout the haunted house I barely got scared. Lizlee broke her glasses and even cried when she got trapped with puppet's from Dead Silence surrounded her. I've been through alot in my life so I didn't bother with this type of stuff. Still I had fun. Carson screamed throughout the whole way too while Jason and Jacob screamed like little girls. I screamed a few times but let's just say those people regretted it afterwards.

Once we made it to the entrance of the actual dance, Lizlee tripped as being her self with her clumsy feet but luckily Aiden caught her even though he almost fell down with her.

"You're clumsy too!" Lizlee told me.

"I didn't even say anything!" I objected.

"But you were thinking it." She defended.

"N- yes." I admitted.

"See you're clumsy too." She pointed out again.

"Not with my feet just my hands." It was true I tended to drop anything I was holding at least once that's why I didn't have a phone with me.

We finally got into the dance and people were having the time of their life dancing their butts away. Fog surrounded the gym and lights were going off and on everywhere.

"Wow this is amazing!" Jason squealed like a little girl again.

"This is so amazing!" Aaron came up from behind us.

"Who are you supposed to be?" I asked checking out his costume. It consisted of a mustache, shades, and a cop hat.

"Randy Curtis is a pimp!" He answered. I just laughed at his awesome weirdness.

"Let's dance!" Carson pulled me to the dance floor. He started dancing all goofy so I joined him. We were just having a fun time. Eventually everybody else joined just dancing in a crowd.

"I hate to admit it but the West Side is much more creative." I heard Aiden yell to Lizlee over the loud music.

I smiled hoping he was right and just happy in this moment. Actually the happiest I've been in years.

We were there 'til midnight until everybody started leaving. Carson started looking distracted looking behind me but when I would turn around he would focus on me so I wouldn't see where he was staring off at.

"You seem distracted." I admitted out loud.

"What? No I'm not." He was lying.

I can always tell when someone was lying. I don't know how but I just did and then I would make them feel uncomfortable into telling the truth. It seemed to work. I was also a terribly good liar.

"Look if you want we could go if you're tired or something." I suggested.

Still he didn't seem to hear me.

"I'm really sorry but I have to go help out someone in a time of need. I'll be back." He stated and rushed off leaving me there confused to where he was staring at earlier.

"Wait Carson?! What are you doing?!" I yelled to him. The music was still loud and the gym was still full but with less people that earlier.

Carson either ignored me or didn't hear me but then he went to a table where girls were surrounding the table. They seemed to be surrounding someone instead. They were all crouched down facing some person invisible to me since Carson was blocking my view of the person. The people all held sad and comforting faces.

"Where's Carson?" Jason asked coming to stand next to me.

"He's over there at the table surrounded by people." I answered still trying to see the person.