81 -Love

Hey,

I know we haven't seen each other and we haven't talked to each other in awhile but I want you to know that I've been doing a lot of thinking lately...and... I want you to know that I miss you. Not I regret what happened or I want to see you again. Just.. I miss you. Just I miss you.

It's so strange to think that someone I knew so well is now a total stranger to me. That sometimes I go entire days without thinking about you. Most of the time, I let myself forget because it's easier. But then I find something, a photo, a gift, the stupid love letters we used to give each other. The full weight of what's been lost crashes down on me. Part of me wants to see you again, to hold you again, to kiss you again. But all those feelings become empty thoughts.

When I look back now I remember love isn't always what it seems. It's just so easy to forget. But this isn't regret. We have our reasons for ending it and they are as valid as ever. But back at the start, we didn't need any reason to fall in love we just did. The reasons came at the end. And everything since then has been about reasons and that's good. Means that one day I'll find someone who I won't have to say goodbye to. But.. a part of me misses loving someone and having them love you back that's all. I guess what I'm saying is I hope things are good with you. I hope everything is great. I hope you found a love that's all the things ours couldn't be. But.. just a small part of me remembers what it was like before all the reasons and that you miss me too.

-Barry

(Email credit goes to The Beyond Project on Youtube.)