76 -Seven Whole Days

(You guys are gonna love the next few imagines to come.)

It's been seven whole days, seven whole days
Since you paralysed me.

You stared at the wall. Regret filled your mind. You regretted not spending your last moments with your husband, Barry. You should've stayed with him in the room and not listened to him.

Seven whole days, seven whole days
Since you lost your fight.

Barry had been battling cancer for over a year. You always told him to be strong and that it would be okay. Oh, how you wished that had become true.

And I can't get the last words that you said,
Can't get those words out of my head.
Seven whole days, seven whole days
And four words.

You sat next to Barry, he had just come back from another chemo treatment. You sat there clutching his hand tightly. "Y/N, you need to go home and have a shower." You shook your head. "No Barry." Barry rolled his eyes teasingly. "Please Y/N, do it for me. I'll still be here when you come back." He smiled at you. Sighing you reluctantly got up, looking over at his fragile, skinny body. "I love you, Barry." You said and kissed him on the lips. "I love you more."

And I can't get away from the burning pain,
I lie awake.
And the fallen hero haunts my thoughts,
How could you leave me this way?

You stared at the wall. You couldn't sleep. How could you when your hero, who saved you from many dark times leave you like this. Barry still haunted your thoughts every night, hell every waking moment.

It's been seven whole days
Without your embrace.
I want to see your face,
I got some things to say.

Oh, how you missed Barry's face. His brown hair that used to be swept to the side was very hard to picture now. You could only see his pale scalp. You missed his dazzling green eyes. His smile that made you weak. You missed his hugs. His jokes. You missed everything.

Was just a week ago,
You said, "I love you girl."
I said, "I love you more."

You still couldn't believe that Barry had left a week ago. You still remembered his last words. Every time you thought of those words a sharp pang would hit your heart and regret filled your mind. You should've stayed.

It's been seven whole days, seven whole days
Since I heard the phone ring.

You had just stepped out the shower when you heard your phone ring. Picking it up you immediately heard Joe's voice. "Y/N?" Joe's voice was thick. "Yes?" You asked fearing the worst. "Barry, he's gone." Your phone slipped out of your hands and smashed on the wooden floor. No, your Barry, the Barry who saved you from so much darkness, the Barry who made you the happiest woman alive could not be dead. No.

Seven whole days, seven whole days
Since I heard your voice.
And I can't get the last words that you said,
Can't get those words out of my head.
It's been seven whole days, seven whole days
Of pure hurt.

You could still hear Barry's voice in your head, but you wanted to hear it for yourself. You missed his voice. His beautiful singing. You missed his melodic laugh. You missed everything.

I can't believe it's true,
I keep looking for you,
I check my phone and wait
To hear from you.

You waited for any texts for Barry, anything from him. But nothing came. You knew nothing would come but it didn't hurt to hope. Every day you checked and there was always nothing.

And now I'll never know,
If all I've been told
Is just a lie so bold,

You looked at all the photos of you and Barry. Scrolling through them you knew you shouldn't do any of this. It brought sadness, anger and guilt to you. But it was almost comforting too. You stopped once you saw Barry in his hospital gown. He had no hair but still looked happy. He always looked happy for you.

I thought we would grow old.
Mirrors in the smoke
Left me here to choke.

You always thought you would grow old with Barry. You had only been married for a year before he got diagnosed with cancer. It was also around the time you and Barry were thinking about starting a family. Every time you thought you and Barry would grow old was another stab to the heart.

You missed him, and that feeling would never go away. But you knew he would always be looking down on you.

"I'll see you soon. I love you" You spoke looking up to your ceiling. Unknowingly Barry had tears in his head as he watched you in your hurt state but he still nodded. "I love you more."