Pretty Girls Lie

Hi dear readers !

I just wanted to thank everybody for reading, voting and commenting.

Enjoy and sorry for the mistakes !

____________________________________________

Chapter XXIII:

TREY'S POV

[Three Days Later]

"Trey ? Are you listening to me ? " Sam asked after talking for what seemed like forever. 

I couldn't stop thinking about Naïma and our last conversation on the phone. I didn't want to raise my voice or sounded like I was pissed off; though I was still mad at her. Now I wasn't anymore. I was just missing her like crazy. Why though ? I didn't know, but it would be nice to find an answer to my question.

Did she do some voodoo on me ? If it was that, until there I didn't know this thing was working so well. I talked about it to Devonte and he told me to stop with my bullshit and to call her to apologize. Hell no ! She was the one who owned me an excuse.

I had never acted this way with any other female before Nana. She wasn't like the other women on this Earth. She had something else. Something really fascinating. I didn't know what it was about her, but every time I was with her, I had this feeling of happiness. A strange kind of happiness. It was like she was filling a hole in my heart. I had never in my life felt this way before. And the fact that I was missing her like that. I didn't even miss a member of my family this way. I couldn't really explain it, but it was something. 

She just had this effect on me. 

"Trey, I'm talking to you ! " Sam slightly yelled at me as he was getting irritated with my indifferent attitude. I shook my head to make the thoughts of Naïma go away, but that only worked for a little minute. Damn !

"I'm listening." I lied, hoping the I sounded sincere. But Sam was not taking it. He rolled his eyes and stopped the beat that was playing slowly on the background. We were in the studio since four hours now and I was only able to record twenty seconds of one of the new songs. Naïma was messing with my mind and she wasn't even in the room.

"What's happening with you ? You're not like that usually." He questioned concerned, and sat down on the couch next to me. Normally, I would be finished with that last song by now and we all would be on our way home to sleep.

"Nothing. I'm just...feeling a little sick. I have an awful headache right now." I lied again while touching my forehead. Sam shook his head and looked at Davon to see if he was believing me; what wasn't the case. Nobody was believing me.

"Why don't you call that Naïma girl and make things better between y'all ? " Davon asked, turning on his chair to face me.

"Who told you about that ? " I didn't know why I was even asking because I already knew. Devonte couldn't keep some things to himself, even if his life depended on it.

This guy ! 

"Why are you asking ? You damn know who. Now, tell me why are you acting dumb ? "

"Dumb and stubborn are really not a good mix. That makes you a stupid guy. Do you know that ? " Sam commented looking at me with a "boy, you better" face.

"I'm not stupid." I stated and folded my arms.

"Yes, you are. Call her." Davon said with a serious tone.