Pretty Girls Lie

Hello !

I wanted to dedicate this new chapter to @MzDreaBaby Thank you for commenting my story 😄

Thanks for reading my book, enjoy !
__________________________________

Chapter XXII:

NATHAN'S POV

Devonte is getting on my damn nerves ! It wasn't too difficult though. The only thing that I asked him to do was to keep a closed eye on Naïma for me. I needed to know where she was, with whom and what she was doing every day. It wasn't too much, but it seemed like I had to do all by myself if I wanted to take my revenge perfectly. Though I needed someone.  I couldn't do everything by myself. And fortunately for me, I knew this guy who won't disappoint me. At all.

As I was getting out of the shower, I heard a knock on my door. Since the disaster that happened the day Nana told Trey Songz to fire me, I was living in a hotel room. It was little and I could hear everything that was happening in the next room, but hey it could be worse.

I wrapped the towel around my waist and went to answer the door. To my surprise, it was someone that I thought was coming a little bit later. But I was happy that he was already here. It meant that I could take the revenge sooner than it was planned.

Excellent !

I opened the door wider to let him enter in the room. He walked in, examining the walls of the room. I closed the door and told him to sit and make himself comfortable. He decided to sit on the bed. I took two beers in the fridge and gave him one. Then I excused myself and went back to the bathroom to dress.

After twenty minutes, I was back with him in the room. He was looking at the ceiling with all his attention, so I clapped my hands together to get him back in reality with me.

"Why are you here ? It's so...ugly and not worthy of the man that you are." He asked, then took a sip of his drink.

"I had lost my money when I was in Vegas and plus I have debts. But we are not here to talk about that." I said getting annoyed by his arrogance. Because he was wearing a suit didn't mean that he was  better than me.

"You're right, on this point. Why did you call me for though ? Why am I in Los Angeles ? I was fine in New Orleans with my wife and my son." He questioned, throwing the bottle of beer away.

"Do you remember Naïma, my little sister ?" I smirked, knowing exactly what I was doing.

The expression on his face changed as soon as he heard that bitch's name, "Of course." He smiled, "How could I forget her ?" He licked his bottom lip, "But why are you talking about pretty girl ? "