28: SAY SORRY

Chapter 28

Kelly's Point Of View

"Okay lang ba ang damit ko?" tanong niya habang naglalakad kami. "Wala bang gusot?"

"Wala nga." I answered kahit hindi ko siya tiningnan. We stopped in front of a door and I opened our way to the dining area. We saw no one there except for the few cooks who are getting the table ready. Mukhang napaaga yata kami.

He offered his elbow for me to hold but I shook my head.

Unlike the Varquezs, my family is unfussy. We tend to be more casual to each other, even to our guests. My mom especially is straightforward and undemanding. My father is simple too but sometimes he seeks authority. Kuya Neil, my only sibling, is clear-cut and uncomplicated. My parents knew about his jerk-jackass side. They knew he slept with several girls, but still they'll accept him as who he is for as long as he studies hard. They wanted to give us a bright future.

We took our seats and waited for the others to arrive. Si Hanz na nasa tabi ko ay hindi mapakali. He's been restless ever since we entered the room so I gave him an irritated look. "Ano ba? Ang likot mo."

"Okay lang ba ang suot ko?" He asked impatiently, presenting me his button down. I rolled my eyes annoyingly.

"You've been asking me that for the past 10 minutes." I rebuked. "I told you it's fine. Loosen up, Varquez."

He seemed unconvinced at my answer as he took his phone out and look at his reflection at the camera. He fixed his tousled hair again, arranging them to be messy. "What about my hair?"

"You asked that a minute ago." I sighed exasperatingly.

"May gusot ba ang—"

"That's already your third time asking!" I snapped but he didn't take it seriously as he angled his self partially on the phone and look at his jaw.

Nang mahagip ako ng camera niya ay natigil siya tsaka ngumisi. "Picture tayo." He declared and positioned it so I can be seen.

I sighed again and forced myself to smile sweetly as he captured the moment. He looked satisfied with the single shot as he tapped something on his phone. Hindi ko siya pinansin at hinintay nalang na dumating ang iba kong pamilya na sa tingin ko ay late na.

Later on, I heard my phone popped, indicating I have a notification. I fished it from the pocket of my shorts underneath my dress. I still believe that a woman should secure it in case the skirt gets blown by the wind.

"Woah, that was so unladylike." I heard him gasped in surprise as I opened the case of my phone. I didn't mind his statement since I don't even care of his opinion.

I scrolled through my facebook when I saw Hanz's name on my notifs.

Hanz Varquez said he was with you.

I took a glanced at the person beside me who was grinning from ear to ear while on his phone. Hindi naman siya masyadong masaya noh? Pinost niya kaagad yung picture na kinuha niya ngayon lang.

He even captioned it with 'Meeting the king and queen of my princess.' with a heart emoji.

I blinked rapidly and flushed red. He saw me and smiled when satisfied with the pink heat that rose from my cheek. Damn, that was embarrassing.

I took the table napkin from my plate and threw it to him. "Ang corny mo." I hissed timidly.

He chuckled. "Bakit? I was just trying to make you laugh." He said, a playful laugh on his lips as he placed the napkin back.