23: SHE'S SO MEAN

Chapter 23

Jazzella's Point Of View

The song has ended, but the crowd's energy is still full. They're still screaming for more, demanding an encore.

Pinunasan ni Mico ang tumulong pawis mula sa noo habang hingal na hingal dala ng pagkanta. Ang pinaka-kawawa sa kanilang apat si Ryce. Mukha siyang bagong ligo dahil sa walang preno niyang pawis. Basa na ang puti niyang button down at kitang-kita ang malagkit niyang pawis at dumidikit na ang buhok niya sa noo.

A girl from our direction was yelling non-stop for an encore from her favorite band. "One more!" she hollered na halos mabasag na ang ear drums ko dahil sa lakas. Full volume yata yun.

Lumingon ang apat na lalaki sa babaeng sumigaw kaya nahagilap rin nila ako. Nagtama ang tingin namin ni Ryce kaya ngumiti siya at nag-okay sign pa. Ito pala yung tinutukoy niyang may gagawin pa siya. Ah...

Ngumisi rin si Mico sa akin habang ginugulo ang buhok dahil sa pawis at ibinalik ang tingin sa umpukan ng mga tao. "Gusto niyo ng isa pa?"

They bawled immediately kaya natawa ang apat na nakatayo sa stage. "Okay, okay. This will be the last song we'll perform tonight. The lyrics remind me of the person I like. It's about a girl," aniya at tumingin sa akin na parang tinuro ako. "Who is so... hard to get."

"Oooooh..." I heard Mayka and Kelly teased at me. I even saw Jeff's galling reaction. Rhea seems genuinely happy while Suzy just rolled her eyes. Neil looks... uninterested. What am I even expecting? And why am I expecting? I mentally slapped myself. Enough Jazzella.

Umiling ako sa sarili at itinuon ang pansin sa mga lalaking nasa stage. Mico is smiling when he gave orders to his band mates. When he turned to the crowd again, he smirked. "For you..." he said to no one in particular and gave his band mates a signal.

The guy holding the electric guitar started strumming and Ryce followed after. Mico was stomping his feet to the rhythm while clapping his hand to the beat. The bass was there after a few seconds.

"I kn-kn-know a girl, she gets what she wants all the time
'Cause she's fine"

He grinned while singing when he took a glance from my direction and ran his hand to his hair. I'm not saying he looks so hot while he removed his button down with a broad smile on his lips, but that's exactly what I'm trying to say.

"But for an angel, she's a hot hot mess
Make you so blind
But you don't mind"

When it came to the chorus, everyone was literally going crazy. They were singing along with Mico's monstrous voice.

"Saying yeah... you want her, but she's so mean"

"You'll never let her go. Why don't you let her go?" the crowd sang along kaya malaki ang ngiti ni Mico.

"Yeah, you want her, but she's so mean"

Pagkanta niya at tinuro ang direksyon namin kaya lumingon ang ilang tao sa amin. Hindi ko sila pinansin at inirapan si Micong nakangisi sa akin, kinindatan niya pa ako.

"You'll never let her go. Why don't you let her go?" pagkanta ulit ng mga taong nasa paligid.

The song went on, and the longer the performance, the wasted they gotten. I didn't know that a school band can make so much impact on the students. Yeah, they're popular and good looking, but a staging like this, they made it look like a mini concert.