Soulmate AU (Minicat)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soulmate AU in which everyone is born with tattoos on their wrists. The tattoos all bear the first words the soulmate of the tattoo owner says to them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since Tyler was a kid he could remember his soulmate marking. It was a normal thing to have of course, as that's how it went with everyone else in the world. Everybody had a tattoo on one of their wrists that bore the mark of their future soulmates. The tattoos were a word by word depiction of the first thing your soulmate was destined to say to you, though when they were to say it no one knew. 

Now, at this point in his life Tyler was already 24 years old and living in his own apartment in the city of LA. The decision he made to move was met by much dissatisfaction by his family, as they thought it would prevent his soulmate from ever finding him. 

"Think about it, sweetheart!" He remembered his mother exclaiming. "You never know where he or she may be, for all you could know they may be right here in Indiana!"

"You're mother's right, you know," His father had agreed. "How about that Kelly girl from down the street? You two have grown up together, it wouldn't surprise me if you forgot what her first words to you were." 

But Tyler knew there was no truth to his father's words, only false hope. It was true that he and Kelly had been with each other forever; they'd been best friends since they were three after all. Luckily for Kelly though, she had already found her soulmate while studying abroad, and Tyler was genuinely happy for her. He had never really had a crush on her throughout all their years together, nor anyone else. He was happy waiting for his soulmate to turn up, and no matter how long it took he would be there to welcome whoever it was with open arms. 

So here he was, four years after his well needed move to California. Not having found his soulmate yet, sure. But happy nevertheless. 

Suddenly he was broke out of his thoughts by the ringing of his doorbell and started to answer it, wondering who could be coming to see him without a notice first. To his delight it was two of his close friends, Lui and David who were there to see him. 

"Ey, Tyler! How've you been ya old wankstain?" David exclaimed while pulling the now laughing man in for a hug.

"Pretty good, potato man. I've been fine."

"But what about me?!" A child's voice whined in the background, coming from none other than the great Lui Calibre himself. Tyler rolled his eyes playfully at him and then motioned for the two to come inside, shutting the door behind them. 

"Aw, who could forget about someone as adorable as you?" David cooed, pulling Lui in for an unnecessary and heated kiss. 

Tyler had met David and Lui after a month of arriving in California. The two were living the apartment building next to his and ended up running into him on the sidewalk one fateful afternoon.  Upon meeting them Tyler had learned that they figured out they were soulmates when they met each other in freshman year of high school. Lui's tattoo had read, 'What the hell is making that ungodly squeaking noise?!' while David's comically responded 'Clearly me, you jerk! Jealous much?'. 

While Tyler thought it was a bit silly that the pair had those exact words etched onto their skin from the moment they were born, he couldn't deny that it fitted the their relationship perfectly. Sure, David could have a bit of a temper sometimes, and there was no denying the fact that Lui was an instigator and would often be annoying just for the sake of seeing someone rage at him. Despite it all though, there was no doubt they were perfect for each other.