Umbrella? (BasicallyIDoFourZero)

A sigh of indignation escaped the lips of a teenage boy who was huddled underneath a shop banner. He was sitting on the shop's concrete steps, one of his arms wrapped around his knees, the other holding his cell up to his ear.

"What do you mean you can't come pick me up? It's pouring over here!" The boy yelled, gesturing in front of him to the rain drops falling from the sky.

"Oh give me a break, Scotty. I just met this cute girl at the bar downtown. She says she wants to take me out. Can't you just get a taxi or something?" The voice on the other end of the phone said, and Scotty's face turned red with anger.

"Are you even listening to yourself? This isn't like you, Cody! Just get off your lazy arse and pick me up. It isn't that hard of a job to do!" The only response Scotty got was the sound of moaning and creaking noises. He couldn't believe it.

"Fine, I don't need you! Go around fucking strangers like a slut for all I care!" With those last harsh words Scotty hung up the phone. It wasn't fair. Cody, his best friend and maybe even more was out fucking some stranger. Cody knew  how Scotty felt about him. Yet he didn't care.

In a fit of blind rage Scotty threw his phone on the ground in front of him, the device sliding forward into the rain. His shoulders slumped and he buried his face in his hands, not caring who saw him.

The sound of shuffling feet approached Scotty, but he didn't bother to look up.

"This yours?" Someone asked, holding Scotty's cracked phone in their hand. Scotty looked up and his breath caught in his throat. The boy he was staring at, well needless to say he was beautiful. There weren't enough words in the English language- or any language for that matter- to explain him. All Scotty knew was that he suddenly felt a lot better than he had before this boy showed up.

"Oh.. that. Yeah, it's mine." Reaching out and taking hold of the device, Scotty let out a string of curse words. The entire front screen was destroyed, and the rain had made it short circuit. He would have to buy a new cell for sure.

"Alright, I'm not a mind reader or anything, but I take it that you aren't having that good of a day. Care to explain?" The boy asked, sitting down on the steps beside Scotty. Letting out a deafeted sigh, Scotty decided to tell this random stranger what had happened. What difference was it going to make anyways?

"Okay, this is going to sound pathetic but whatever. Long story short, I'm in, or at least was, in love with my bestfriend until a couple of minutes ago. I called him to come pick me up from here so I wouldn't get caught in the rain, and basically he blew me off to go fuck this random bar girl. Needless to say I heard them getting it on over the phone, which explains why it's wrecked to shit now." The boy was quiet for a bit before clenching his hands into fists, his caramel colored cheeks starting to tint a deep red.

"That son of a bitch. Seriously, is he fucking blind or something?" The stranger asked, and Scotty cocked his head to the side in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that you're hot and anybody in the world would be blessed to be in your presence. I'm not even joking with you, just sitting by you is making me feel all privaliaged and shit. You feel me?" Scotty was at a loss of words, and now it was his turn to blush red. This complete and utter stranger to him just sat down and listened to his complicated love life, then called him hot right after? Who the hell was this guy? Scotty didn't notice how long he had sat there without giving a proper response, but it was enough time for the stranger to stand up and offer him a hand up as well.

"Look, enough of this awkward silence. My name's Marcel, and you and I are going to go get some coffee. It's cold as fuck out here and I don't plan on leaving you anytime soon." Well, that was sure straightforwad. As Scotty stared at Marcel's outstretched hand his mind raced with all the possible outcomes of the situation he was in. Yes, it was true that he knew nothing about Marcel other than the fact that he was a blunt speaker and a good listener, and on top of that he was basically just some random guy. But Scotty couldn't bare the idea of not having something to distract him from Cody, and besides, there was something about the handsome dark skinned man in front of him that made him feel compelled to comply to his offer.

Grabbing ahold of Marcel's hand he was pulled up onto his feet and was face to face with the now grinning boy.

"Great decision, if I do say so myself. By the way, what's your name? I don't recall you telling me it." Marcel stated, and Scotty shyly smiled.

"Scotty."

"Well Scotty, how about we go get that coffee now?" Scotty nodded his head in agreement before realizing that it was still pouring rain around him. He found it odd that he had forgotten about it, but that was probably caused by Marcel. The thought of him invaded Scotty's mind and just wouldn't go away.

"We're going to get soaking wet, doofus." Scotty giggled, and Marcel chuckled before pulling out an umbrella from behind him.

"Care to share with me? That is, unless you want to get soaked to the bone and sick. If so then be my guest."

"I'd be honored to." Scotty answered, and before he knew it he was off to get coffee with a stranger, all thoughts of Cody gone from his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! 

So it's currently about 3 am where I'm at right now, so I'm too tired to post a summary about this one-shot. But hey, I think it's pretty easy to understand.

Sorry for the lack of updates, school started not too long ago and I'm so busy with advanced classes, sports, and extra curriculum that I'm slowly starting to be buried under an almost endless schedual.

I have been working on chapter one for "Evan Was {Is}" though, so maybe next week that will be published. I dunno, it all honestly depends on how much free time I end up having.

Anyways, thank you guys so much for reading and thank you for all of the reads and follows on my account! Seriously, you guys are crazy with all the reads and such and it's amazing.

Anyways, that's all. Bye!

+++++++++++++++Setin Out+++++++++++++++++