Slipped Away (Minicat)

The fire was gigantic, consuming every inch of the building that the famous gamers had been in. Tyler fought his way outside, coughing from all the black smoke that had entered his lungs. He could hear sirens in the distance, and he frantically looked around for his friends. Relief quickly filled Tyler when he saw his group of buddies standing huddled outside the building. They were safe.

"Guys!" He spluttered out, making his way over to them. But something was wrong.

"Shit, he can't still be in there, can he?" David asked Marcel, eyes wide and tear filled.

"Fuck, I don't know! He doesn't seem to be outside, where else would he be?"

"Woah, guys calm down. Who's still inside the building?" Tyler asked, heart hammering against his chest. Five pairs of eyes turned to look at him, but one was missing. The one he loved.

"Craig... he's still in there?!"

"I tried looking for him on my way out, I couldn't hear or see him. He might not be in there at all-" Evan started.

"Well he's not out here! If he was out, he would have tried to find us!" Tyler stated, backing away towards the still smouldering structure.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Jonathan asked, holding a tight grip on Evan.

"I'm going back for him. I'm not leaving him in there!" Tyler responded, and with that he ran back towards the fire.

"Tyler!" He heard his friends shout, Lui being the loudest. Yet Tyler didn't turn back as he ran through a doorway that would hopefully lead him to Craig.

"Craig!" Tyler shouted, debris falling all around him. No response. He made his way around the building, trying to stay away from the scorching blaze surrounding him. As he made his way to the upstairs area of the building he heard a voice call out.

"Guys! I'm- I'm still in here! I'm stuck!" It was Craig for sure. There was no one else Tyler knew with that voice.

"Hold on! I'm coming!" Tyler yelled back in response, and searched room after room until he found Craig. The scene displayed in front of him made Tyler want to cry right then and there. Craig was lying on the ground with a huge piece of furniture on top of him. He was definitely right about being stuck.

"Tyler.." Craig coughed out, and it was then that Tyler realized Craig hadn't gotten any fresh air this entire time. He had been lying there, breathing in smoke. That meant Tyler had to hurry if he wanted to get his friend out alive.

"Shh, it's okay. It's Tyler, I'm here. I'm going to get you out, alright?"

"I can't move." Craig whimpered out, making Tyler's heart break in two.

"That's okay. I'm going to get this off you, and we're going to get out. But we've gotta be quick, we don't have much time left." Time was in fact running out for the two men. The fire was starting to block their only way out of the room they were in.

"On three. One, two, three!" Tyler bent down and tried to lift the heavy item off, but it was to no avail. He'd need at least two other people to help him push it up. Craig cried out in pain, and Tyler immediately stopped.

"Shit, I can't get it to budge!" Tyler yelled out in frustration. There wasn't anything else he could do. The smoke was suffocating by now.

"Leave.." Craig managed out between coughs. Tyler shook his head and instead sat down on the floor beside Craig.

"I'm not going anywhere. Not without you." He grabbed Craig's hand, tears streaming down the both of their faces. Tyler's head was spinning, and his vision was getting blurry.

"Craig.. I love you."

"I- love.. you too." The last thing Tyler heard before blacking out was the sound of running water.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"You think they'll be okay?"

"They're still alive, dumbass."

"Come on, leave him alone. We can't be too sure-"

"Too sure of what?" Tyler mumbled, voice gravely.

"Tyler!" A collection of voices shouted out, and it made Tyler wince. He already had a throbbing pain in his head, and the yelling wasn't going to make it any better. Sitting up and taking in his surroundings, Tyler noticed he was in a hospital. Crowded around him were his friends, all wearing looks of relief and worry.

"Quick question before you guys say anything else." Tyler started, greedily grabbing a glass of water that he saw beside his bedside. "How am I not dead?"

"That's what we'd like to know, in all honesty." Lui replied as Tyler chugged down the water, sighing as it soothed his burning throat.

"Yeah, none of us thought you had survived. After you ran inside, Lui tried to go after you. David stopped him, and then the fire trucks and shit showed up. It took us forever to tell the idiots that you and Craig were stuck in the fire." Evan explained, and at the mention of Craig's name Tyler grabbed a hold of the Canadian's wrist tightly.

"Tell me he's okay. He's not dead, is he?"

"No, no he's alright. He's got a couple of broken ribs and some burns, but other than that he's fine. It'll take a while to recover, but he'll live." Tyler let go of Evan, happier than anything that Craig was okay.

"Do you think I could go see him?"

"That shouldn't be too much of a problem." Someone said. Tyler turned his head to the right and saw that lying in the bed next to him was his love. He was all bandaged and hooked up to machines, but overall looked alright.

"Could you guys give us a minute?" The group of guys all nodded their heads and left the room, leaving it to be just Tyler and Craig.

"I'm coming over there, you know." Tyler stated, motioning towards the other side of the room. Before Craig could protest Tyler had already swung his legs over the side of his bed, grabbing his IV cart and using it as a sort of cruch to get up. He slowly made his way over to Craig's bed and then climbed in beside him. The two were silent for a minute, until Craig spoke up.

"You shouldn't have went back to get me, you know. It was a dangerously stupid thing to do."

"So I should've just left you to die? Not a chance." Tyler scoffed. "I almost let you slip away from me." He managed to find one of Craig's hands and he grabbed it, intertwining their hands together.

"I'm guessing you weren't lying about telling me you loved me. It would have been really awkward if you were, because I sure as hell wasn't." Craig chuckled. Tyler just shook his head and smiled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, more Minicat. Because you can never have enough of it.

Summary:

The guys are all gathered together somewhere when a fire starts. Everyone manages to get out except for Craig (Mini), so Tyler (Wildcat) decides to go back for him. They both almost die though, seeing as Craig was trapped in a room and couldn't move. They both confess their love for each other, and the next week when Tyler wakes up they stay together.

Really crappy summary, I know. Really cheesy plot, I know. Gimme a break man. This is the second in depth (at least for me) one shot I've made in less than a day, my mind's all boggled.

Btw I didn't bother to proof read this, so if there's errors then I apologize.

++++++++++++++Setin Out+++++++++++++