Run (Idk what Ships it would be)

Nonedited.

Evan wasn't that weird of a kid. He was pretty normal, like the rest of us. Played video games all the time, got average grades, had a small group of friends. I really wish I could have been apart of that group. Maybe I could've helped if I was.

Evan and his friends were called "The Crew". Nobody really paid attention to them, to be honest. They were just... there.

Yet I always noticed them. I noticed their laughs, their jokes, the hand gestures they did when they talked. They seemed so happy. But Evan, he was constantly off in his own little world.

He'd offer little half smiles, shoulder shrugs, you know. But I could tell it was all an act. It was all fake. Yet I still laughed at him every day.

Every day on the bus.

I knew the bus route by heart, you see. So I knew exactly when it was Evan's turn to get off the bus.

It was a constant system. As soon as the bus stopped, he'd book it. Jump off the top step, stumbling when his sneakers hit the pavement of his street. Then as soon as he regained his balance he'd take off. Run as fast as he could away from the bus, his school bag bouncing against his back.

We always laughed at him for it. Made jokes about him. Called him stupid. Weird.

I'll admit, I would feel bad saying those things. I got the punishments I deserved for it from time to time. Evan's big friend Tyler would start beating the shit out of me as soon as I started my taunting. He was only stopped by another one of Evan's friends, Craig I think, who obviously wasn't one for violence.

Now I wish Craig wouldn't have stopped Tyler. I deserve every second of beating from him.

Anyways, that was how it went every day after school. Evan ran off the bus, I laughed at him, and time to time I would get roughed up in the end.

But one day it all stopped.

Evan was normally at school every day. He didn't really get sick, so I expected to see him that Monday. But he wasn't there.

He wasn't there the week after either.

Two weeks later he showed up to school. His eyes were puffy and ringed dark from loss of sleep. His hair and clothes were tousled. He looked god awful.

I shrugged it off at first, thinking that maybe something minor happened. Maybe his dog died or something, I don't know.

The moment I realized something awful had happened was after school.. on the bus. It was Evan's stop.

He didn't run.

He shuffled up to the front of the bus, got off one step at a time. He didn't run down the street.

He walked, with tears leaking out of his eyes the whole time.

I heard a sob from behind me after the bus had moved away from Evan's stop.

Tyler. The guy who was so tough and could take me down any second he needed to. He was hunched over Craig in their bus seat, and they were both sobbing into each others shoulders.

I couldn't comprehend it all. What had happened? Something horrible, for sure. But what? I decided to ask Craig a week later. He seemed to be the nicest one out of "The Crew".

"Hey.. Craig, is it?" I asked, walking up to his locker between class periods. I had to be quick, for I knew Tyler would show up any second.

"What do you want, Marcel?" He asked me, his tone of voice and posture guarded.

"I'm not here to hurt you. I just... what happened to Evan?"

"Oh, so now you care?" Craig shouted, fists clenched. I was shocked, needless to say. I'd never seen him look this angry before. It was definitely unexpected.

"Calm down! I just wanna know, okay?"

"I could so kick your ass right now." Okay, that was a lie.

"Sure you could. That's why you always stay close to Tyler, huh? He's your little body guard isn't he?" I knew what I was saying was wrong, but I couldn't stop the words before they came.

"Leave him out of this! God, just leave me alone, Marcel!"

"No, wait! I'm sorry. Just please tell me what's wrong with Evan. I need know."

"You aren't his friend. You're just one of the many shithead jocks at this school. Why would you care?"

"I just do." It took a bit more convincing but Craig eventually gave in.

"The Crew" had an extra member that no one at school knew about. He was home schooled, and he was Evan's neighbor. They called him Delirious.

He happened to be suicidal, but Evan wouldn't let him do anything stupid. He ran off the bus everyday just so he could go see Delirious. See if he was okay.

Then he stopped running. There was nothing to run for anymore.

------------------------------------------------

Augh this was horrible. Just- absolutely horrible.

Summary: The main person talking is Marcel, who goes to school with Evan and "The Crew". Evan ran off the bus every day, and Marcel and his friends would always laugh at him. He later learns from Evan's friend Craig that he only ran to get to his best friend Delirious, who was suicidal. He stopped running after Delirious finally killed himself.

It sucks, I know. I hate my writing but eh. Anyways, that's all.

+++++++++Setin Out++++++++++