Chapter 3

**A picture of Katie Howley above**

Heading towards my locker, I stashed away my books and while doing so, I just needed a quick pick me up to get me through my first day.

And no, I don't mean drugs.

I mean opening my locket and seeing the smiles on my loved ones faces.

It's a family picture of myself, my mom, dad, brother and sister. We were all told to wear red on that day, for a family photo.

So I had on a knee length red dress with red pumps. My hair was super long and you could practically see it on my knees.

My twin brother Liam had a red jersey on which he had paired with a red jean and bloody red shoes which he refused to wear because it made him look and I quote "too girlish". He was so annoying but I loved him so much. He had to wear it anyway, or else he would not get to play games on his playstation. He reluctantly agreed and wore the shoes.

My baby sister Rose had this cute lace dress on and she couldn't resist putting on some red lipstick after pestering my mom for more than a thousand times to let her wear it, before my mom eventually gave in and put some bold red lipstick on her lips. My sister loved make-up so she sneaked on some blush without mom knowing. She was sneaky like that but too adorable for words.

My mom had a red dress similar to mine, with sequins on but much longer and looked really beautiful with her bold red lipstick. She was a superwoman. She really was my role model.

My dad looked goofy as always. He always made me smile and laugh like there's no tomorrow. He matched with Liam in his red jersey, red jeans and bloody red shoes.
He was a cool dad and I missed him terribly.

Smiling at how happy I was back then and how I wish I could feel that way again, it teared me apart.

Closing the locket and giving it a kiss, I shut my locker.

I jumped in surprise to see Becca standing behind it.

Putting a hand over my heart. I nearly screamed in surprise. "Becca you scared me."

"Sorry." She said apologetically.

"You look a bit sad. May I ask why?"

The question took me off gaurd and I didn't know how to respond.

"I guess I'm just still trying to adapt to this school." I lied.

"Dont worry Lily , I've got your back remember?" I just nodded and we headed towards the cafeteria.

We arrived at the cafeteria and like any other, it was pretty rowdy. Filled with very hungry teenagers, chattering away.

We stopped at a table situated in the middle of the cafeteria and I'm met with the sight of two gorgeous girls.

These girls really belong on the cover of Seventeen magazine, they're so beautiful gosh!

"Hey girls!" Becca said cheerfully.

"Meet my new bestie Lily, she's the new transferred student, isn't she just gorgeous!" She gushed, making me blush a little.

"Hey Lily, I'm Katie Howley, its nice to meet you." Katie said, smiling at me and I returned the gesture.

"It's nice to meet you too Katie."

Katie really is very pretty. With her shoulder length brown hair and her really beautiful wide smile. She looks pretty in a floral blouse with denim shorts and sandals.

Becca introduces me to the rest of her 'squad' as she calls them.

Sitting beside Katie is Julia Hook. A.K.A Julie.