CHAPTER 25

"Okay, so the whole property of Arjun Grover goes to his wife," Ayesha said after reading the reports.

"Yeah. Indira Grover, 32,  no children" Harish read from the reports. "MBA gold medalist," he said looking up with awe.

Ayesha shrugged. "We have to meet her."

They set out, borrowing Tara's car. Thankfully they did not get stuck in any traffic.

Soon they reached the Grover house. The first thing that greeted was the press vans parked outside the house.

Ayesha scoffed "This is going to get bad."

As soon as they got out of the car, the reporters and cameramen rushed towards them. She recognized one of them as Ishant Varma, the reporter who angered her.

The reporters swarmed around them asking all kinds of silly questions. They just walked straight the house ignoring he flash of cameras and the mikes which were thrust in front of them.

One comment made Ayesha stop. "Many people say you are too personally involved in this case, that your actions are a little suspicious. What are your view to this general comment." She immediately recognized that the question was asked by Ishant. 

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she turned towards them smiling slyly.

"So you ready to cook up stories huh? Yeah I'm too personally  involved with this case.  i want to solve this as fast as possible because thanks to you people nobody wants me to investigate any of their cases. i'm out of work, paid less, and accused of being a cheater because of the lies you published. Do you care about that? no.  Do you really care about the truth? no. all you care about is getting hold of a good, juicy story so that people will buy your paper. I'm not blaming the some of you who really don't have a choice and really want the people to know the truth. but the others really disgusts. And for the person who asked me this question. This is the only case I got in months. So stop ruining my work and start publishing some quality, true, news to people" 

She saw that they were taking photos and notes of this too. She frowned at them and started walking and Harish followed behind her.

The house was restored to it's previous splendor. With the smell gone and the house cleaned, it was beautiful.

Some reporters were inside too taking notes. They walked past them towards the room in which the murder took place a middle aged woman .was sitting on the bed.

"Mrs.Grover" Ayesha called out softly as they walked slowly towards her.

She looked up. "You must be the detectives, the one investigating the murder of my husband" her voice broke in the last and she closed her eyes.

"I'm so sorry to disturb you at this time. But this is of most importance to this case. All the information you can give will be very valuable to us."

The widow nodded taking a breath. "I understand. It's just I can't believe anything this horrible happened to him. He never angered anyone this much. He was always sweet and calm and spoke freely even to those who worked under him. He did not de-deserve th-this" her voice broke and she sobbed covering her face with her hands.

Ayesha and Harish stood awkwardly staring at her not knowing whether to try to console her or just let her grieve.

After a few seconds she wiped her tears and looked up. "I'm ready to tell you anything you want to know although I tell you I don't know anything about his business. God I don't know how I'm going to mange it now. despite my degree I have never worked. I would never close the company. he loved it so much."

"We just want to know whether he had any enemies. Anyone who is angered by him?" Ayesha asked slowly not wanting to start the crying again.

"No I don't think so," she said shaking her head lightly. "Anyway I don't ask to him much about his work."

"Okay. Anything else you know about his murder?" Harish pried. He did not want reveal too much about the recent breakthrough."

"No nothing,"  she said looking down. "I will let you know immediately if i found out anything."

"That would be really helpful," Harish said. And they turned and walked out.

As they got out they noticed that most of the press vans had left.

They neared the car when they saw Ishant hurrying towards them.

"You know right that your your little speech is gonna be famous soon and not in a good way," he said smiling lightly.

Ayesha scoffed. "Do whatever you can. I'm beyond the point to care about all this."

She got into the car. Harish urged her to go on as he need to collect some reports from Megha.

Soon the car was gone. He went out trying to catch a cab. Ishant followed him outside.

"So, who do you think the killer is?"he asked.

"I don't know and even if I know i wont tell you. Just wit for any official information"

"You think it is the boyfriend don't you?"Ishant asked.

"how do you-never mind." Harish turned around scanning the road.

"If he is the killer then he is the most stupid person in the world," Ishant said smiling lightly. When Harish gave a puzzled look he continued." See, his girlfriend went missing and then he too went missing. If all you heard about the foul play of these victims are true then he would most certainly know that the police will get suspicious about him soon. The killer is no idiot. And then another point to be noted is that why a girl, a friend of Anita suddenly call and tell you about the boyfriend. Did you dig up about her?"

"I would like to remind you that we are the detectives handling this case not you. So leave the investigation work to us and leave"

Isant shrugged and walked away.

Just then Harish's phone rang. It was Ayesha.

"Hello"

"Harish. Can you please please come to my house it's urgent," she said.

"Any problem?"he asked.

"No Nothing. just want to discuss to you about the case." 

"Actually I want to talk to you too. An interesting point of view. I will be right there."

Soon he managed to catch a cab and was about to give Ayesha's address when he changed his mind and decided to go to his house first.

Something doesn't feel right to him. At least he need to get his gun.