CHAPTER 13

Ayesha was leaning back in her sofa in her house. Her analytical brain was working out a way to solve the. But  she kept on getting distracted.

Because today is her birthday. And her birthday is by far the worst day ever.

Her mind wandered to the past. The face of her mother which haunted her for years.

She tried to picture her during the happy days. Days when everything were perfect. Those were the days she actually believed that there is no sorrows in the world. Just happiness and joy.

But the picture which comes to her mind is her mother on the dark days as she calls it. After her father was fired. The days when they were in run. From her abusive fatherandall the money lenders. The days of hunger and a constant fear of being sighted by her father.

And after a very long time of suffering her mother got a job in a mill. They were able to stay in a house and for a few days their life was almost going alright.

On Ayesha's 15 th birthday. when she and her mother were returning home after having dinner few people came and threatened us to give money with a knife. When her mother said that they didn't have any they killed her out of irritation. They killed her mother in front of her own eyes. She could not do anything but to cry. She didn't have the courage to tell to anyone as her mother had told her before not to trust anybody. She just cried nd cried and cried.

She then ran off to Delhi. Determined to start a new life there. There she met a person who soon became her best friend. He is rich. He took all the expenses for her to study. She did criminology. Vengeance for her mother is beyond hand. So she will at least do some justice who had faced things as she did.

Her friend died of cancer. But by that time all her feelings were numb. She just felt a little sad. She had a life ahead. And she was determined to win over all the hurdles.

This case is no big deal in comparison to the problems she had faced.
But her mind was not in peace. She felt that this case is going to bring a big change in her life. She only hoped it would be a good one