CHAPTER 16

Harish was still in Ayesha's office. Though stunned by her new enthusiasm, he still had to do work. He was looking through her notes on the case when Mike entered, not bothering to announce his arrival.

"Hey Harish," he said clearly surprised in seeing him there when Ayesha is not there. She does take it kindly when other people snoop around in her office. But she never stopped Harish and many a times he did over use her hospitality.

"Hey Mike," he said looking up from the page which gave the physical appearance of Aaditya. He does have a good profile. Mike appeared troubled.

"What's the problem?" he asked closing the book.

"There was another murder," Mike said looking down like a troubled child.

"What?" Harish exclaimed really surprised. He did not expect it at the least.

Mike nodded still looking down. "I think there is a connection with the murder of Aaditya Arora. This women too was cut in her throat with the photo of the same girl pinned in the wall. So I assume it's the same killer." he looked up suddenly looking surprised."Where's Ayesha?"

Utterly shocked, Harish told him everything about Ayesha's thoughts and her take off.

"What?" Mike exclaimed looking troubled. "That is completely stupid. She can't just meet him without any permission. I didn't expect Ayesha of all people to act so stupid" he shouted angrily.

Harish mind was still processing this new murder. "Now who is the new victim?" he asked.

"It's Meera Jha, another buissness class victim. A bigger fish than the previous one. The killer is really daring. I do understand Ayesha's need to solve this case but doing anything stupid like this is not very much helping. She is endangering everybody."

Harish suddenly realised how late it was. She had been gone for almost three hours.

"You inform her to call me after she comes," Mike said and left immediately.

Harish took up his phone and called her. It was switched off. Ayesha never did that unless the circumstances asked for it. This can't be good.

He thought for a fraction of a second. Then took his bike keys to go in search of her.