CHAPTER 11

Vinay was sitting in her office, sipping brandy lost in thoughts.

He was partly relieved. He had managed to evade the meeting with that detective. He can't meet her now. He is not ready yet.

That detective is wild. She is too bright to any story he will tell.
His mind reeled to the conversation with his client.

"I heard that that detective women is digging up your little secrets. And you just don't do anything. What are you thinking? If she finds anything then that's it." The man said over the phone.

"No don't worry. I have all under control. She won't find anything about us. It's just about my brother's murder..."

"I don't give a damn about your brother. You stop her from seeing you.  It might be dangerous. She would probably ask for your business record." The man said his voice a little  low than a shot.

"I will try to stop the meeting. Okay." He tried to persuade him.
Vinay had stopped the meeting somehow. But he knew that she would  be vey suspicious. He postponed the meeting now, but he knew he will have to face it someday soon.

He finished his glass and kept it on his desk.

He had earlier considered bribing her. But may not end well. She was once accused of accepting bribe. But she did not strike to him as a person to accept bribe. She appeared as a very honest person. He certainly can't take chances. He knew she already suspicious about him.

He will do something. Soon enough