CHAPTER 5

Michael Smith "Mike" was in his own personal hell.

The media swarmed around the case of the famous business man. They attacked the detective agency. Mike spent the whole day answering phone calls and dodging the media. Unable to stand it, he at last switched off his cell phone, an act that he rarely did.

He was sitting at his office, eyes closed, trying to relax and take his mind away from the day's bizarre happenings, when his personal assistant entered.

"Mr Smith, a man named Vinay Arora wants to meet you now. Should I send him?" She asked.

He immediately sat straight. Vinay, Aaditya's brother. Of course he wanted to see him.
"Send him in," He said.

She went and after a moment the office door opened and a man in his early 40's came in.

"Please sit down." Mike said pointing at the chair in front of him.

The man sat down, his uneasiness showing clearly on his face.

He took a big sigh and said "Was it true that my brother had asked you to check on some mysterious happenings in his house?"

"Yes, it's true" Mike replied, afraid of what is to come next.

"What did you find?" Vinay asked.

"Nothing till now," Mike said shrugging. "The detective who is enquiring the case is not here. I will ask her to contact you when she comes."

"I have heard of Ms. Ayesha Zaid. That is what I came to discuss about."

Mike was confused.

Vinay leaned forward. "It may not be true, but I heard that she was once caught taking bribe from a criminal."

"Its nothing. Its not true. Someone had spread a false rumour which became a big issue. She was proved innocent by the court," Mike said.

"Please don't get me wrong. I just wanted to check," Vinay said

"I don't blame you. I understand," Mike said, relieved that the tension had broken.

"Ok, I will leave now. If there are any leads, please inform me. I will leave my contact number in the reception." With that he got up and walked away.

Mike saw him leave and sighed in relief.