CHAPTER 14

"Ayesha, are you even human?" Harish asked as ahe said that she did not sleep for three consecutive days."Why are you like this? This just a case."

"Harish you know how important this is to me. The words people say about me...I can't bear to hear it anymore."

"Well then you would not want to die due to exhaustion do you. I know how difficult it is for you but please understand. You should rest okay. How could you control sleep. I feel the urge to sleep like every six hours."

Despite herself Ayesha laughed. She can't deny that she did have some feelings on Harish. Maybe the way she first met him. He having been an orphan and cheated by his uncle on his own inheritance. When Mike hired him he was a total mess. But soon enough he became the office's own clown. Especially to Ayesha he was so special. Maybe somewhere in the middle the friendship turned into a new feeling.

Maybe she will ask him out. There is no denying that he is the best person she met. He was kind, generous and always knows a way to cool her. And he is attractive.

"It's very weird right. The way Vinay refused to meet us," Harish asked.

"Yeah right," Ayesha said not exactly caring about the brother. The more she thought about him the more frustrated she got.

"It's almost as if someone told him to not to. I mean at first he agreed right. Then what must have made him refuse it later."

"Huh" Ayeha sat up on her chair suddenly interested.

"Well that is what I think," Harish said obviously uncomfortable with her sudden reaction

Ayesha said nothing. She just pulled out a file and read through it. She was seeing the details of the business.

After a long time "Is it just me or do they seem to make a lot of money in a company which has a few branches?" She asked.

"What are you driving at?" Harish utterly perplexed.

"Well is it not clear enough," Ayesha asked really annoyed "They are doing some illegal business. At least a business in which we don't have a record".

"Well, doesn't it seem like a long shot,"
Harish asked obviously not enthusiastic about her "theory".

"Come on you really think they are good guys. Well, their annual turnover do not say so."

"Just so they make more money..."

"Money for which we don't have a record. It's right before your eyes. Why do you refuse to see it".

Harish did not say anything. His previous experiences say him that arguing with Ayesha after a point is futile. She was usually right about everything. But now he wasn't sure.

"I am going to meet Vinay," Ayeha said already getting up.

"What?" Harish asked bewildered.

" I have to meet him it's important" she said.

"Like he is going to meet you now," Harish asked also getting up ready to stop her.

"He will," Ayesha said looking really excited."I will make him speak to me."

Then she left leaving the visibly shocked Harish behind.