CHAPTER 3

EAGLE'S EYE DETECTIVE AGENCY

The board advertised. Ayesha parked in her usual space, got out, locked the car and went inside.

She walked past the exquisitely furnished lobby, turned to her right and soon reached the boss's room. 

She knocked once on the door, pushed it and walked in.

"Mike," she called out to the man sitting on the swivel chair. She could tell something was wrong by just looking at him. He was a very organised who like to keep things in a very neat manner. She remembered one time when he shouted at her when her office was not neat. But now his whole table was covered with papers and files some of which had even fallen down.

"Ah Ayesha. Sit," he said pointing to the chair opposite to him across the table. Even he looked very tired. On the whole it was so unlike himself. What could be possibly be that wrong that Mike, the owner of the most successful detective agency in Delhi become this deranged? Whatever it is, it scared her.

She sat, looking expectantly at him. 

He leaned forward "Do you know that a leading businessman, Aaditya Arora, has hired our agency recently to investigate due to his suspicion on mysterious things in his house?" he asked.

She nodded "I myself went there to check. But there was nothing suspicious there." How could she forget when it was the first and last case she got in months.

He took a deep breath. "He was found in his house today morning, dead."

Of course something is wrong. But she didn't imagine it was this wrong. Life does love to make special efforts to screw her up.