Chapter Fifty-Two

Chapter Fifty-Two:

"What!" Harry's voice boomed. There he was standing in the doorway, back straight, hair perfectly groomed, and jaw locked into a tight manner. He looked dominant, and it scared the small boy who was hiding behind Calum.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He accused, staring at Calum.

"Louis would like to speak to you."

"Well, maybe I don't want to talk to him." He spat his reply, ready to shut the door. Calum took note of this quickly grabbing hold of the unreasonable man's collar, pushing him up against the wall.

"You listen to your boyfriend Styles! I promise you, once you hear him out. You will get on your knees and beg for forgiveness." The cafe owner released the taller man, glaring at him.

Harry looked cautious but proclaimed "fine." Shutting the door with a loud bang, sitting on a chair on the front veranda, he spoke once more. "Well, Louis? Talk!" He raised his voice, impatience evident in his tone.

Louis licked his lips before stuttering, "Well-I I-I um she-I." The small boy looked over at Calum for reassurance; the man only placed his hand on Louis' back comfortingly rubbing it.

"It's okay Lou; you didn't do anything wrong. Just take a breath and tell Harry."

So Louis did exactly that.

"Harry, Kayleigh has been rude to me since she first came to our house. She calls me a fatass, tells me to leave you, says I don't deserve you, tells me I'm ugly... that she is better for you."

Louis exhaled as a tear fell down his cheek. "Umm, she was insulting me before I yelled at her. I just wanted to defend myself for once. That's what you heard..."

Harry squinted his eyes, abruptly standing up, "Oh is that what happen? Because Kayleigh told me the same thing... except you were the one insulting her."

Louis was at a loss for words; he would never tell such a serious lie; he could not believe that Kayleigh had said something so false. She must be a bad person he thought.

Calum took a step forward before challenging Harry. "And who are you going to believe, your boyfriend who has been with you through thick and thin? Or that skank that turned up to your house after years of no contact?"

Harry frowned, mouth open agape as he fell back onto the chair he was once sitting on. His head dropped in shame before he whispered,

"I... I would believe" He paused before continuing, "my boyfriend." Suddenly the guilt began to consume the curly haired man, who was starting to discern how much he had done wrong in the last few hours. So without saying anything he stood up and entered the house once more.

--

"Kayleigh! Wake up." He roared, loud enough that the entire neighbourhood could hear.

"What?" She groaned. Suddenly Harry's large hands were wrapping around her arms, and he was dragging her down the stairs, yelling obscenities at her as she attempted to maintain her balance.

"Don't you ever hurt my boyfriend, lie or come between us again." He shouted agressivly as he pushed her out the front door. Louis and Calum, who were still on the veranda looked on in shock at the angry Harry. The said man walked forward, pulling Kayleigh towards him before spitting in her face, "in fact don't ever come to our house again." And with that Harry closed the door in her face, as he walked inside, his boyfriend and Calum following him.

Stopping in the lounge room, he turned around to face Louis with tears running down his cheeks. He dropped to his knees in front of the small boy he loved so much.

 He dropped to his knees in front of the small boy he loved so much