Chapter Thirty-Seven

Chapter Thirty-Seven:

"Come on Lou!"

Harry called, skating towards the centre of the ice. The small boy shakily moved his feet faster to keep up with the confident man.

"Harry are you sure this is a good idea- Ahhh!"

Before Louis could even finish his sentence Harry had grabbed his small hands and was spinning the twink around mid-air. Lou closed his eyes in fear, but as he opened his eyes, he couldn't help but giggle. Harry had a huge smile on his face, proud of himself.

"Faster Harry."

Lou giggled, he was having a good time, but unfortunately all fun things have to come to an end, and this ending was not a positive one. Harry was just about to move his feet faster, however, being the clumsy lanky noodle stick he is, tripped and the small boy he loved dearly went flying across the ice, as he too fell flying backwards.

Harry blacked out.

---

Only 10 minutes later, Harry awoke to the sound of small sobs. There he was in a wheelchair, with Louis across from him sitting on the bumper of an ambulance, tears cascading down his face as he hugged himself.

"Lou baby?" Suddenly a sharp pain burst through the curly haired man's elbow - he looked down to notice his arm was in a sling. Looking back over at Lou, the man saw that the boy's small foot was wrapped in bandaging and extremely swollen.

"Ha-hazza."

"I'm here baby; I'm so sorry."

Louis sniffled once before the paramedic began to wheel Harry into the ambulance and soon enough they were lifting Louis into a seat and placing him next to Harry.

"You both had a right fall." The female paramedic said as she sat across from the two injured men, closing the door to the ambulance as the vehicle began to move. Louis looked over at Harry as he felt another sharp pain in his ankle. The latter took note of his boyfriend's pain and held Lou's much smaller hand for comfort, placing a kiss on his palm.

"It's okay boys; we can get some x-rays done and put you on some pain relief. You will be better before you know it." The same paramedic commented. Noticing both Lou and Harry's discomfiture, the lady decided to distract them with conversation.

"So are you two together?" Harry immediately smiled, "yes, Lou is my boyfriend." Hearing this made Lou grin, all pain seemed to be gone.

---

It turned out that Harry had only dislocated his elbow. However, Louis' injury was worse as he had broken his left ankle. The medics decided he did not require surgery, so he chose his favourite colours, blue and green and let the doctors wrap his foot in a cast.

While the medics were covering his leg, the small boy was attempting to comfort Harry as he was in a substantial amount of pain.

"It's okay Hazzy, just keep breathing into the whistle." A specialist doctor was relocating Harry's elbow, and although the said man was on the green whistle (pain relief), he was still grunting in pain, and holding his boyfriend's hand tightly. Soon enough a click was heard, and a sigh of relief came from Harry.

"There we go, back to normal." The doctor claimed

Harry was amazed; all pain was gone; he was as good as new. A nurse proceeded to walk inside and tell Harry that he has to take it easy for a few days as his elbow will be sensitive, however, Harry wasn't listening - too focused on his baby, who had broken a bone because of his jealousy.

The doctors and nurses left the room after wrapping Lou's ankle and supplying him with crutches. The doctor had asked the couple to exit the hospital as they had other patients who needed the room they were occupying.

Harry nodded, only half listening to what the medics said; walking around to stand in front of Louis who was sitting on the bed, legs dangling over the edge adorably.

"I'm so sorry my baby boy."

The curly haired man kissed Lou's temple. The latter smiled softly, taking hold of Harry's hand pulling him onto the bed with a giggle. Harry chuckled before lying down on the crisp white sheets and gently pulling Lou towards his chest.

"I love you Hazzy."

"I love you too Lou."

And if they fell asleep together and were kicked out later, for not following the doctor's orders and leaving the hospital. Then nobody had to know.