Chapter Eight~ The "Glow" up

|Brandi's POV|

So about a few minutes later, we finally arrived at our new school called Henry W. Grady High School. The school was nice actually, it had a track and field, a football team, big classrooms, an auditorium and a big lunch room. Like it really had this high school vibe right off the bat.

 Like it really had this high school vibe right off the bat

Too bad no one was is the hallways to tell me where to go. Nya had to go upstairs for her class, which just left me to find room 805 alone.

But I ended up finding it, after walking from here to there and knocking on a few doors

But I ended up finding it, after walking from here to there and knocking on a few doors. "Hello. May I help you?" A bald white man opened the door, looking kind of...sloppy if you ask me.

"Hi, I'm your new student. They told me that you're my first period class"

"Oh uh. Okay but I'm just subbing for your real teacher today. So I'm not really your teacher, but uh-- come in" he said and opened the door further to expose all of the other kid's faces as they watched us come inside. "You can go have a seat wherever you like"

The class remained silent as I walked around the crowded aisles of desk. I felt so many people looking at me, it was crazy. Eventually, I found an empty desk by the widows, and sat back in my chair.

"So um...like I was saying. Mr Smith would like for y'all to complete this little worksheet and hand it in by the end of the class okay? ....okay then" he sat down and pulled outgoing on his phone.

The class goes back to talking and playing in the classroom, not even attempting to touch the worksheet from the sub. Welp...kids will be kids.

I just sat there and slipped in my Apple headphones, turning on my song, Luv by Tory Lanez. I guess why bother doing it either.

"🎶And I know from the first time, the first time
I seen your love, you got me, baby
Even though, girl, I know that I will fall for you
You got to know that everyone falls
Oops, I done fell so deep, baby
Oops, I want you for me, baby🎶"

Listening to my music, I glance up forward, seeing a boy making his way over to me. He was kind of tall, brown skin complexion, lots and lots of tats on his arm...mmm😏. A nice clean cut, stud earrings on both sides and had a pencil moustache with chin hair. He looked like Tyga to me, honestly.