Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Chloe's P.O.V

"Chloe, time for work." I opened my eyes to where the sun met me, shining through the blinds. I stood up and walked over to my closet, and took out my green shirt and khaki shorts. You see, my job can be fun, but at the same time a living hell. I work at the ASPCA

I slipped my work clothes on, and grabbed my boots, which smell like poop. I tied my hair into a ponytail, and wiped off any extra make up. I walked over to make my bed, and saw Luke on his laptop.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" I laughed, which scared him.

"Oh, not used to the bed yet.." He chuckled. "Why are you up?" 

"Work." I whined. He nodded. "Did I wake you up?"

"No, I was awake about, an hour ago." I nodded before saying goodbye and dragging my feet downstairs.

"Bye dad." I waved, before walking outside, and waiting for Katie. I rested my head on my shoulders, and almost fell asleep. Almost.

*BEEP*

I jumped nearly ten feet in the air. Katie was here. I grabbed my phone which was next to me and climbed in.

"Good Morning." She said all perky. I just groaned for her response. "Moody Pants." She mumbled.

"It's 7:00 shut up."

*

"Hello girls!" Miss Kathy chirped. She was a skinny woman in ther 40's. She owned the pound and only had us two, and two other boys working.

"Hi." we said together while walking into our office. 

"Okay, I have dog duty and you got cat." I said, before rummaging for the pooper scooper and leashes.

I walked through the door with dogs, and immediatly, they all started to bark like wild animals. I opened the cage, and carried a Yorkshire Puppy, and a golden retriver outside, and hooked them up. I walked back inside, and cleaned out their cages before bringing them back in. I repeated the process until I was done all of the dog cages.

*

"Girls, uh Chloe!" Miss Kathy called. I walked out of my office and up to the counter where Miss Kathy was. 

"Can you help this family find a dog please." She smiled. I looked over to see Luke and his family.

"Sure." I lead them into the dog pound for them to search.

"Hello Chloe!" Mr.Hemmings said. "I didn't know you worked at the pound!"

"Yupp, I do." I said. "So anyway, is there any specific dog you guys are looking for?" I asked, remembering I was at work.

"Whatever Luke wants. It's his birthday next week!" Mrs. Hemmings smiled. I smiled with her as Luke stood there a bit awkward as he always does.

"Well, go look for one!" I encouraged Luke. He didn't move so I shoved him a bit. He looked in the cages, and played with some of the dogs.

"I like this one." He said, pointing to a big black lab.

"Oh! That's Molly." I smiled. "Yeah, her and I are best friends." I laughed. "If you want, you can interact with her outside." I said, looking at him.

"Sure." He nodded.

"Okay, I'll be right back." I said, rushing to the office to get the leash. Katie wasn't there so I guess she was working. "Alright, here we go." I unlocked the cage, and climbed in, hooking Molly up on the leash and stepped out. She pulled me outside, with Luke and his parents following.

I handed Luke the leash, and our hands acidentally touched. 

*

"Yeah, I like her." He smiled. He handed me the leash, and we walked in. 

"Okay, now go up to the front desk and Miss Kathy will have some fourms for you." I smiled. They said thank you and walked away. I knelt besides Molly.

"We won't be too far away from each other." I smiled, before she gave me a big wet kiss. I laughed and put her back in her cage. 

"CHLOE!" Miss Kathy screamed. I locked Molly's cage, and ran out. "Get this young boy an application." She smiled. I walked into the office, and Katie was there.

"Luke is applying for a job." I said. Her eyes got wide, and she attacked me.

"He's here? Where is he?" She peeked through the window, and I laughed. I grabbed the papers and walked back out, Katie following. I handed her the papers, and Katie stood there like a fool.

"We'll have Molly ready in fifteen minutes." Miss Kathy smiled, before pushing Katie back into the office, and shoved me in the kennel. I chuckled at that woman. She was really fun to work with, she gave me this job because, 'Girls like you shouldn't be that pretty' and 'this place will get you back to normal.' I never knew what she meant.

I took Molly into the showers and quickly scrubbed her clean. But when I came out, I was soaked.

I walked out into the main lobby, and everyone stared at me. I had bubbles in my hair, and my clothes were wet.

"Uh, here ya go." I said to Luke, who was laughing. I handed him the leash and walked into the office, like a penguin.

"Washed Molly?" Katie asked, I nodded. This is normal for this job.

Good Luck Luke.

A/N 

I dont know if they do this at shelter?

They do now.

Hope you guys like the story <3

Comment // Vote // Follow 

Go read Sadly!! <3