Chapter 50

Zak's POV

After thinking, planning and talking to the guys for hours on end tonight was the night I was finally going to propose to Mallory and so far she didn't know anything about what I was planning I sit down on the bed open the ring box then look down at it. Mal had gone to spend a few hours with Nick who was in on my plan so I had to get everything ready for tonight I put the ring back in my pocket get off the bed then gather Athena and Gracie in my car then take them to my mom's house from there I go to the florist and buy two dozen roses then I spend the rest of the day setting up everything for my proposal. I look at the clock when I get finished getting everything set up it was almost five I still had enough time to shower and change but before I do that I do what I did one year ago on our first date I pick a dress and some shoes then write her a note then leave it on the bed I take a shower change my clothes put the ring in my pocket. I take a deep breath then walk outside in a few hours I would be engaged I wasn't upset about it I wanted this she was going to be my wife one day and I wanted that more than anything.

Mallory's POV

I walk in the house but the lights are off and I don't see the dogs or Zak anywhere I walk upstairs and go to the bedroom I stop when I see a dress, shoes and a note on the bed I walk over and pick up the note then read it. "Hi Sweetie tonight I have a very special date planned I hope you like the dress take your time getting ready I'm in the backyard and I hope that this made you think of our first date too love you, Zakula." I smile then go shower then change into the dress and shoes Zak picked out I add the necklace that Zak got me as a gift then I walk outside and see Zak standing there he looks up at me and smiles "You look beautiful." I walk over and hug him and he wraps his arms around my waist then we sit down and start eating dinner. After we finish eating Zak starts acting strange he coughs then looks at me and takes a deep breath I look at him "Zak are you okay?" He nods then walks over and stands in front of me "I know I'm not perfect and I have messed up before but you've changed me into a person I want to be for you I love you Mallory and I would do anything for you." He gets down on one knee in front of me "Will you marry me?"

Zak's POV

I had asked the question now she just had to answer and right now I was really nervous because Mallory hadn't said anything and I'm afraid that I might have done something wrong. She looks at me "Yes." I smile then slide the ring on her finger she stands up then hugs me and wraps her arms around my neck I hug back then wrap my arms around her waist she looks at me then puts her hand on the side of my face "I love you Zak." "I love you too." I pull her closer then kiss her she kisses back and runs her fingers through my hair. We stand there together for a while not saying anything she's in my arms and her arms are wrapped around me I had always said I would never get married but now I was engaged to a girl who was twelve years younger than me I loved her and I knew that she was the one I was meant to be with and I didn't want it any other way. I look down at her and meet her eyes "What should we do for the rest of the night?" She kisses me then takes my hand and leads me inside to the bedroom we were going to celebrate our engagement the right way and I liked her idea of how we should celebrate it.

 I look down at her and meet her eyes "What should we do for the rest of the night?" She kisses me then takes my hand and leads me inside to the bedroom we were going to celebrate our engagement the right way and I liked her idea of how we should ...

Aaron's POV

For most of the morning I check to see if I've heard anything from Zak and finally around noon my phone rings I answer then sit down on the couch "Hey bro." "Hi Aaron." By the sound of his voice I could hear how happy and excited he was but I wasn't going to say anything this was Zak's moment so I would let him tell me. "How did it go last night?" "She said yes bro we're engaged." It had finally happened Zak was officially off the market he was going to get married I was happy for him this was great news "That's great Zak I'm happy for you." "Thanks Aaron I have something I want to ask you before I tell the rest of the crew and announce it in a few months." He had turned serious and I start to wonder what he wants to ask me "Sure what's up?" "You're my best friend I think of you as my brother when Mallory and I do get married will you be my best man?" I couldn't believe this I was surprised Mallory and I hadn't always been the best so I didn't think he would do this. "I'd be honored bro thank you." "You're welcome later bro." My best friend was getting married and he had asked me to be his best man life was looking good for the crew.