Chapter 41

Mallory's POV

One Month Later

Zak took it really well when he found out about the song AJ wrote for me I took Kevin's advice and talked to AJ we were friends again having AJ as a friend is something I didn't want to give up. The scratching had almost stopped in the last month too every few days I would have one on my back or side but nothing as bad as the day when Nick took me to the hospital we were still friends and we would still meet and talk every few weeks Zak had started talking to him again I think they were close to being friends again too. There was a new season of Ghost Adventures coming up which would mean Zak would still be going for lockdowns I had gotten to go with him a few times but I would also stay at home so Gracie and Athena wouldn't have to constantly stay with Zak's mom I haven't had the chance to meet his mother yet but Zak made plans for the three of us to meet for dinner soon and I was really nervous about meeting her. Zak had met my parents so it was only fair that I met his mom they were really close and I knew it would mean a lot to him.

Zak's POV

I walk in my mom's house she gives me a hug and kisses my cheek I sit down and start playing with her dog Ridley I look at my mother who is now sitting in a chair next to me giving me a look that she would give me when I was a kid and I was hiding something from her. "Is something wrong mom?" She looks at me and raises one of her eyebrows "I want to meet her Zak you've been with this girl for a year and all you have told me is her name you met her parents but I haven't met the girl you're in love with." I sigh I knew that my mom wouldn't give up until she had finally met Mallory I look over at my mom "How about dinner tonight?" She smiles then claps her hands together. "I want the two of you to meet just take it easy when you do we haven't talked about getting married or having kids but I have thought about asking her." She gives me a tight hug and I know that she's thrilled by the fact that I've changed my mind about getting married I stay a little longer then go back home I walk in and see Mallory with Gracie and Athena by her side she looks up at smiles I smile back then walk over to her and kiss her. She kisses back and I look down at her "We are having dinner with my mom tonight." She looks up at me and for the first time I see fear in her eyes.

Billy's POV

I hear a rapid knocking on my door I walk over and open it and see Mallory standing there which was surprising because we haven't talked since the last lockdown a week ago I could tell that something was wrong just by looking at her. "Mal is everything okay?" She takes a deep breath "I'm meeting Zak's mom tonight and I'm scared to death." "Come on in." She follows me inside the house and sits down on the couch and starts running her hands through her hair and I know that she is really scared of doing this "Why are you afraid of meeting Zak's mom?" She looks up at me "What if she doesn't like me Bill or thinks Zak and I aren't good together Zak is really close to his mom." For the first time Mallory is letting someone see the insecure part of her and when I look at her and see her wide eyes I realize how young she really is I sigh then walk over and sit down next to her. "Just be yourself that's why we all like you that's why Zak loves you if you're yourself Zak's mom will love you just relax she is a human being like everyone else she isn't going to try and eat you for dinner." She laughs then stands up and looks at me. "Thanks Billy." "Anytime feel free to come back if you're scared of meeting someone else." "Will do." She laughs and hugs me then walks out of the house and leaves.

Mallory's POV

It didn't take long for Zak to get ready for our dinner with his mother the only change he made was a black button up dress shirt instead of his usual tight black t-shirt and he was waiting downstairs. I wanted to look nice and make a good first impression tonight when I met Ellen I take a deep breath then slowly browse through my clothes dressing in something Zak liked but dressing in something to meet his mother in was a very different story finally I settle on a black and white dress with a pair of black heels I walk downstairs and meet Zak. He looks up at me and I start biting my lip "What do you think?" He walks over and wraps his arms around my waist "I think you look great and my mom is going to love you." I was glad he was so confident about this but that was Zak he was confident about everything and I wish I felt the way he did I look up at him "Are you ready?" He nods and I follow him outside and we get in his car then leave the house I really hope that tonight went well and Zak's mom would like me.

" I was glad he was so confident about this but that was Zak he was confident about everything and I wish I felt the way he did I look up at him "Are you ready?" He nods and I follow him outside and we get in his car then leave the house I really ...