Chapter 23

Zak's POV

I'm standing by the door dressed for our date I wore my signature black clothing I take a deep breath normally I wouldn't be this nervous but this was our first date since we got back together and tonight was going to be different from all of our other dates. I had set up something special and she needed to know I was back to myself and I needed to show her that it wasn't Vanessa I wanted it was her I wanted a relationship with her I may not be ready to get married but I did want this serious relationship with her. I walk away from the door then go feed Gracie then Athena and start walking back and forth when I hear her come downstairs she looks beautiful I can't believe it she's not in black or blue or even red she's wearing a white dress and a pair of silver heels that made her a few inches taller but she was still shorter than me I look down at her and see the necklace I bought her laying against her neck she looks up at me I pull her close to me and wrap my arms around her waist and she starts running her fingers up and down my neck I smile "Ready to go sweetie?" She nods then the two of us leave the house.

Mallory's POV

I'm looking out the window of Zak's car as we go past the hotels, casinos, and restaurants that Vegas has to offer I was wondering where we were going but he wasn't telling me anything. I feel him reach over and hold my hand I smile then give his hand a squeeze then look at him he keeps his eyes on the road but starts talking "How are you feeling sweetie?" I lean my head back against the seat "I'm good Zak and I just want you to know I really missed you while we were apart." He squeezes my hand "I really missed you too I wasn't doing so well after you left I read your Pride and Prejudice book a lot and I got in a fight with Aaron." I could tell this conversation was bothering him I put my hand on his leg "I'm not leaving you again I want to be with you Zak." He looks at me "I want to be with you too." A little while later he stops his car at the park we go to with Gracie we start walking around and a few minutes later we stop and I'm amazed at the scene in front of me. Zak had set up a romantic candlelight dinner in the park and I had a really good feeling about tonight.

 Zak had set up a romantic candlelight dinner in the park and I had a really good feeling about tonight

Zak's POV

We sit and eat dinner then we talk about a few different things I really missed her but tonight we were back together I tell her about the last lockdown I went on before she left then we start talking about the one we will be going on in a few weeks. We finish eating then I stand up and pull my phone out then start playing music I walk over to her side of the table and hold my hand out "Dance with me?" She nods her head then stands up and we walk away from the table I wrap my arms around her waist and she wraps her arms around my neck then we slowly dance to the music that's playing here I was slow dancing in a park it was another thing I had never done before but tonight I was really trying. She lays her head on my shoulder and I run my fingers through her "Are you having a good time sweetie?" She looks up at me "Tonight has been amazing Zak thank you for all of this." "You're welcome Mal." I kiss her and she kisses back then pulls my hair I bite down on her lip and she moans then pulls away "I love you Zak." Neither of us had said it since she moved back in but she said it first so we were okay again I look at her "I love you too." Tonight had worked and we were back together.