Chapter 31

Zak's POV

I thought I knew every part and every side of what made up my girl but I was wrong I had seen a lot of her emotions and I had seen her in a bunch of different situations but this was a new one and it was like being around an entirely different person. She was smiling and happy I hadn't seen her like this and I know that this trip might actually be good for her I look out the window of the truck the view and the scenery here was a lot different from what we would see in Vegas my eyes follow the trees, houses and the occasional building as we pass it, it wasn't crowded here like Vegas but Vegas was home the neighborhood I lived in wasn't so bad and it was a quiet place. I hear the first few chords of an old country song I look over at Mallory when she turns up the volume it's a Johnny Cash song I could handle that I was a fan of the man in black then she
starts singing " (Start song here!!!) I keep a close watch on this heart of mine I keep my eyes wide open all the time I keep the ends out for the tie that binds because you're mine I walk the line." I think about the words and they describe her when we first started dating she kept her heart guarded, one part described her now she did a lot now that we were dating she hadn't done before. I know I wasn't much of a singer but if she was comfortable singing in front of me I could do the same thing for her I reach over and hold her hand take a deep breath then sing the next part "I find it very very easy to be true I find myself alone when each day is through yes I'll admit that I'm a fool for you because you're mine I walk the line." I couldn't lie to her I didn't see the point in it and before we got together I was alone every day and I went to bed alone at night if anyone ever asked I wouldn't have a problem letting them know I loved her and I was crazy about her.

Mallory's POV

Singing along with Zak this was a first but he wasn't complaining he seemed to be having a goodtime I give his hand a squeeze then my attention goes back to the song on the radio. "As sure as night is dark and day is light I keep you on my mind both day and night and happiness I've known proves that it's right because you're mine I walk the line." I thought about Zak a lot especially when he was away on the lockdowns but I knew that the relationship we had was right and since Zak and I were together I knew that we would do anything for each other.

Zak's POV

Most couples had a song that they called their song but since Mal and I weren't most couples I didn't think we would have one but I had a feeling this song would be ours and I didn't have a problem with it I look at her and our eyes meet. This time I don't care how I'm singing and if it sounds good or bad when I take the next part of the song "You've got a way to keep me on your side you give me cause for love that I can't hide for you I know I'd even try to turn the tide because you're mine I walk the line." There was something about her that made me want to stay with her forever she loved me and I loved her I wasn't going to hide that for her I would do anything I would try to move Mountains for this girl if I could and that's because she was mine just as we get to the hotel she stops the truck and I turn and look at her. "I keep a close watch on this heart of mine I keep my eyes wide open all the time I keep the ends out for the tie that binds because you're mine I walk the line."