Chapter 26

Zak's POV
I roll over and answer my phone before it has the chance to wake Mal up I let out a yawn and mumble a hello of some kind "Hey Zak it's Kevin." I sit up then get out of bed and walk out of my bedroom Kevin and I were friends now but I still got nervous when he called me because things hadn't always been good between us. "Hey Kev how can I help you?" "I was wanting to know when your next lockdown was so Ness could come visit Mal before we went back home after our honeymoon." I knew that Mal seeing Ness again would be a good thing Vanessa was her best friend they were like sisters chances if Mallory ever killed someone Vanessa would be the person Mal would call to help her hide the body "Our next lockdown is in two weeks so yeah you can come and visit." "Thanks Zak so how are things between you and Mal?" I wasn't going to tell him everything because there were some things Kevin didn't need to know about "Things are great I'm happy she's here." "That's good see you in a week." He hangs up and I take a deep breath next week was going to be interesting.

Nick G'S POV
I look up as Mallory sits down in front of me with her usual cup of tea I smile at her and she nods back at me "How are you Nick?" "I'm good how are things going with Zak?" She takes a deep breath then runs her hands through her long brown hair "He's being really weird actually I kind of wanted to talk to you about that." I could tell that she was really worried about Zak "Zak isn't the definition of normal I mean look at what we do for a living has he been on a lockdown recently?" She shakes her head "No Zak and the crew are off for three weeks but he's being really secretive about the next location the only thing he's told me is what kind of clothes to bring." I was surprised that Zak was going to take her with him that was a first for him he was really serious about this girl but it was kind of weird for him to be acting that way. "Maybe he's trying to surprise you with something on this next lockdown?" She shrugs her shoulders then looks down at her phone types something then looks back at me I look at her phone "Zak looking for you already?" "No he went down to the shelter today." I nod "You didn't want to go with him?"  She smiles "Zak and I both have a soft spot for animals if I went with him we would have a lot more dogs than just Gracie and Athena." I was a little confused at the second name "Who's Athena?" "Zak got me a puppy I named her Athena she's a Rottweiler." I was really impressed by everything that Zak was doing he had changed a lot since I left the show I wondered if I could try to talk to him but Mallory still hasn't told him we were meeting because we know he would probably have a fit so I decide not to talk to Zak. We sit and talk for a few more hours and I learn a few more things about Zak's new girlfriend she was nice and I was really starting to like Mallory as a friend plus spending time with her wasn't so bad. She stays a little longer we agree to meet here again then she gets up and leaves to go home to Zak.

Mallory's POV
I walk in the house and Zak hangs up his phone I sigh and he walks over to me I look up at him "Please tell me why you're acting so strange and keeping this lockdown a secret if you don't want me to go with you that's fine but please tell me." He wraps his arms around my waist and smiles "I want you to come with me sweetie and I was going to try and surprise you with where we are going but I'll tell you our next location is the Bell Witch Cave in Adams Tennessee it's two hours away from where your hometown the surprise is you get to go back home." I couldn't believe it I was surprised that's for sure I hadn't been home in months it had been even longer than that since I had seen my family I hadn't even called to let them know I was in a relationship with Zak they didn't even know I had moved to Vegas with him so they were going to be really surprised when I showed up at home with Zak Bagans. "Sweetie are you okay?" I look at him and wrap my arms around his neck "Thank you so much Zak I love you." "I love you too." I look at him "Since we will be close to my hometown will you meet my family?" He's silent I look at him and his eyes are wide and he's struggling for words I think I broke him.

Zak's POV
I was not expecting that question at all I was happy that she was excited about the surprise but I didn't think it would lead to me meeting her family which would include her parents and I wasn't really sure about that. I know that Mallory and I were in a serious relationship she lived with me and I really did want her to go with me on this next lockdown but she hasn't met my family yet I knew my mom and my sisters would like her but I just haven't had her meet them yet then there was one more thing I worried about when it came to the possibility of meeting her parents and that was the age gap between us. She was twenty-one and I was thirty-three years old which made me twelve years older than her and most parents would not be okay with that even though she is an adult I knew I would have to do this sooner or later so I might as well do it now. I look at her and she's biting her lip "I'd love to meet your family sweetie." She kisses me and puts one of her hands on the back of my neck I kiss back and pull her close to me I hoped that meeting her parents went well but even if it didn't it wouldn't change the fact that I loved her.