Chapter 23: Packing Up

A/N: Hello my peoples and welcome back to A Phantom Prophecy. Today we have teenage drama, anger, and oh so delicious (almost) cat fights. We hope you enjoy!

Danny: *whispers* Why are you talking like that? And who's we?

Me: *whispers back* It's called being dramatic

Ghost Writer: More like being a pyscho

*Ember and Danny burst into laughter*

Me: *frowns* NO TREATS FOR ANY OF YOU!

*Ghost Writer, Ember, and Danny le gasp*

Me: Enjoy the chapter! *hides all the treats*

Danny's POV

Sam, Tucker, Scarlet and I all sat at a booth at Nasty Burger. Sam was eating a veggie burger while Tucker inhaled his food. I settled for a large fry and every now and then Scarlet would reach over to take one. Sam sat beside me in the booth while Scarlet sat across from me on the other side.

"So where is your uncle's cabin Danny?" Scarlet asked as she reached for another one of my fries.

"It's..... uh..... it's....." I stammered.

"It's near Wisconsin," Sam said. Why she chose that of all places I'm not sure. Scarlet nodded.

"What exactly do you guys do there?" she asked.

I shrugged, "Not much. Just hang around the place and help out Fri-" Sam elbowed me in the side, "I mean Uncle Pavor with his chores."

Scarlet smiled, "That sounds fun. You are such a kind person Danny." She reached out and placed her hand on top of mine on the table.

I felt my cheeks heat up and I pulled my hand away, "I.... uh.... It's no big deal."

"No big deal? Why, you're a regular super hero Danny," Scarlet said.

"Super hero? Who said anything about super heroes?" Tucker quickly said, wiping his face with a napkin. Scarlet raised an eyebrow at him.

But then she turned to me and put on a pout, her lower lip sticking out, "Are you sure you can't take me along?" Her eyes locked with mine. Maybe I could bring her to the cabin. I'm sure Uncle Pavor won't mind. He always could use a little help. And Sam wouldn't mind-

Wait a second.... there was no cabin. I didn't have an Uncle Pavor. And me leaving Sam behind on anything? What am I thinking. I closed my eyes and rubbed my forehead, "I... don't know."

"Look he already said no. Just drop it," Sam snapped.

I turned to my gothic friend. She had a paper cup crumpled in her hand and was staring daggers at Scarlet. The orange haired girl shot Sam a look, "I was just asking-"

"Well he already gave you an answer. So that's that," Sam interrupted.

Scarlet frowned, "What's your problem?"

Sam let out a sarcastic laugh, "My problem? MY problem?!" I placed a hand on Sam's shoulder. She looked at me and I sent her a warning look, reminding her of our deal. She sighed, "It's nothing."

Scarlet leaned back into her seat with a smug grin on her face. I could start to see why Sam didn't like her. But she seemed nice, even if she was a bit too friendly with all that smiling.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw a new text message from Jazz.

'Sam told me you're going to the C this weekend. I'm coming.
-Jazz'

I let out a small chuckle. Classic Jazz. Although I was a little confused on why Sam would be the one to tell Jazz. Not that they had a bad relationship or anything, in fact they had become better friends this past year, but they still rarely talked. I guess my sister was still too cheery for Sam's liking.

'Ok, but before we go I have a lot to fill you in on.
-Danny'

I had rarely seen Jazz these past few days and hadn't had a chance to tell her anything about what's going on. I was also kinda scared to tell her for fear she'd go into Ultimate Big Sister Protection Mode.

I turned my attention back on my friends. Scarlet was staring at me, Sam was staring at Scarlet and Tucker was staring at his food. The sound of a phone ringing broke the silence between the four of us.

"Me again," Scarlet said as she took out her phone. She frowned at the screen and then smiled at me, "Sorry. I have to go now, it's my uncle again."

We all nodded, and she flashed a quick smile before leaving the restaurant. Sam immediately stood up, "Well let's get going. I don't want to waste any more time."

"Wait a second. What's going to be our excuse this time?" I asked. We always had to lie to our families about where we were going to spend the weekend. And currently, we were running low on excuses.

"We're in luck this weekend. There's a student retreat going on in Minnesota. I already let all of our parents know that we were going to be on that trip and wouldn't have any technology on us. That way they can't check up on us," Tucker stated.

I smiled, "Awesome." Tucker and I stood up and the three of us walked out of the restaurant and around to the back. I reached into my core and pulled forth my ghost half, letting the cool white rings wash over me. I held out my hand and created a large glowing green portals.

"You guys need anything from home?" I asked. They shook their heads. I grinned, "I guess we'll grab Jazz and then it's off to spend a weekend in the castle."

The three of us stepped through the portal and, as it closed, I could have sworn I saw a glimpse of orange hair.

THE ALL MIGHT LINE BREAK RETURNS! ADMIRE ME! NOW CONTINUE READING!

Danny's POV

Sam, Tucker, Jazz and I all stood in my parent's lab. "Okay, one last check. Does anyone need anything before we go?" I asked.

They all shook their heads. "Oh wait!" Jazz cried as she ran up the stairs. Luckily our parents weren't home so she wouldn't be seen. She came back down 5 minutes later with a pink bag on her shoulder. "Ready," she said.

I nodded and raised my hand to create another portal. We stepped through and found ourselves floating in the green space of the Ghost Zone, just outside the castle. I smacked myself in the forehead. I had forgotten about the 'security system'. No one can instantly teleport into the castle.

I quickly grabbed my friends hands and flew them down to the doors of the castle. They opened wide and we walked in. I was less than 10 seconds into the castle's entrance hall when I was instantly tackled by a black and white blur.

The blur giggled as it knocked me to the ground, "Surprise cuz!"

A/N: Thank you for reading the latest chapter. Not sure when I'll be able to update next, this week is gonna be psycho for me.

Ember: Just the week?

*they all giggle*

Me: Enough! Or no snacks for the rest of the story!

*they all gasp and fall silent*

Me: That's what I thought. See you all in the next one!