Chapter 8: The Prophecy

A/N: *enters through a portal* Hey peoples I'm back once more and..... *sees writers room* What the heck happened here.

Danny: *from inside a trench guarded by barbed wire, ghost weapons, confetti guns, and flares* It was a precaution

Me: From what?

Danny: *whispers* The readers

Me: Them? They're fine. They just tend to get excited. Will you come out now?

Danny: NOPE!

Me: *sigh* While I talk Danny into coming out of his little war zone, why don't you go enjoy the next chapter? Hope you like it!

Fright Knight's POV

I was once known as the Fright Knight. A ghost who instilled fear into every living or non-living being. Nothing scared me...... except this new ghost.

He looked familiar but I couldn't quite figure out where I had seen him before. Clockwork seemed to be frozen in place and Talia shook violently behind me.

"Who are you and why have you destroyed my castle?!" I demanded.

The ghost crossed his arms across his chest and raised an eyebrow, "Introductions? Fine, the names Dan Phantom but some people like to call me Dark Dan. Whichever you choose, I don't really care."

Clockwork seemed to snap out of his trance and pointed his staff Dan Phantom. "Ah ah ah, no meddling Clockwork. That wouldn't be fair," said Dan as he extended his arm towards the staff just as a blue light began to glow around it. The light instantly dimmed and Clockwork just floated there, staring at his now useless staff.

"Like the new powers? Turns out all that time spent in your tower made me part spirit. Whether it be just being around you or existing out of time caused these new powers, I'll let you decide," Dan said as he floated up into the air and slowly made his way towards us.

Talia continued to shake behind me and now she was starting to whimper. Dan Phantom heard this and snickered, "I never was good with kids." The stone around his neck began to glow and a blank look crossed Dan's face.

He shook it off and resumed his intimidating smile, "Alright, enough with 'Mister Nice Guy'. I came here for a reason."

Dan came closer until he was only a few feet in front of us. Clockwork tried to lunge at him but Dan just simply held up a hand and the stone around his neck glowed once more. The Time Master instantly froze in place.

"Clockwork, when will you ever learn?" the evil ghost said. Dan turned his blood red eyes on me, "I have a message for you and Clockwork."

"From who?" I asked, standing firm while trying to silently comfort Talia.

Dan laughed, "My associate would prefer to remain unnamed. Now listen up because I'm only going to say this once."

Dan's eyes lit up with a golden glow and his body began to shimmer. He floated to the center of the room and I could hear a ringing in my ears. Dan extended his arms out to the side and stared directly at us, his golden eyes capturing my gaze. He began to speak, his voice echoing around the room.

"When sky turns red, and day turns night,
When castle walls fall, and spirits take flight.

The Dark Castle will come, a new king in its tomb,
And with him two others, to seal your doom.

Fear the Crown, full of anger and strife,
For they seek to control, the Charm of Life.

Be wary the Diamond, between Life and Death,
For they shall be the cause of your last breath.

The Thorn is the one, content with despair,
Forever searching for their lost heir.

On Day of First Death, the old ones will fall,
And dark shadows will rise to conquer them all.

You can't run or hide, from this coming date,
Death and despair, will soon be your fate."

A cloud of red smoke flooded into the room. Talia and I broke into a coughing fit and once the smoke cleared, Dan Phantom was no where in sight.

"NO!" screamed Clockwork as he blasted the area where Dan once was with a blue bolt of energy.

The voice of the castle whimpered in my mind. I rushed over to my friend's side, "Clockwork, he's gone. It's over now."

Clockwork shifted to his elderly form and floated low to the ground, eventually sitting on his spectral tail, "No, Pavor it's not over. It's only just begun."

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Now I'm going to join Danny in his little survival pit *dives in headfirst*

Danny: Build your own survival bunker.

Me: My story, my rules. Now pass me the snacks, I'm hungry.

Danny: Ugh

Me: See you all in the next one!