Chapter 5: Trouble in the Tower

A/N: Hey peoples! Now that Vlad's been taken care of-

Vlad: *from inside a Fenton Thermos* LET ME OUT THIS INSTANT!

Me: ahem, So now that he's gone I am in control of the story once more (mwahaha) Hope you enjoy!

Third Person POV

Clockwork floated around his tower in his elderly form, lost in thought. For once in his afterlife, the Master of Time was bored. Not having anything else to do, he phased up to his chamber to check on the time stream.

Everything was in order. Curious, he decided to check up on his young apprentice. An image of the boy appeared on the screen. Currently he was riding King Pavor's steed, Nightmare, around the castle courtyard with the young maid Talia as the King and castle staff looked on and laughed.

Clockwork couldn't help but snicker himself. As he shifted to his toddler form he watched Danny get launched off Nightmare and fly into the air. King Pavor rushed to halt Nightmare while some staff members flew up to help Danny, who was looking quite green.

The Time Master saw his apprentice land on the ground and stumble around for a few steps before almost collapsing onto the ground. Luckily, he was caught by the staff members who had helped him before.

Talia and King Pavor walked over to the young halfa. Talia had a wide smiled on her face and Pavor was trying to hide his. The three had a conversation until it ended with the King shaking Danny's hand and Talia giving him a quick hug.

Danny waved goodbye and flew off. Clockwork looked at the boy's future, he was heading to the tower to have a quick training session. Clockwork smiled, he enjoyed Danny's company.

Aside from the Observants and now Nocturne's visits, the tower got quite lonely. Though he should be used to that by now, it was nice to spend time with someone with an abundance of energy.

Clockwork felt a pulse of energy in his core and he shifted to his middle aged form. He whipped his head around angrily, someone had entered his tower. Someone that didn't belong there.

Clockwork phased down to his main room where he felt the disturbance come from. His alert red eyes searched the room for the intruder. He saw no one. Clockwork began to float around the room.

Clockwork noticed that a few of the books from his shelves had been knocked over. He slowly leaned down and picked one of the books up. 'Ancient Artifacts of the Ghost Zone' read the cover.

Just then, a crash sounded throughout the tower. Clockwork flew directly to the room that he had heard the crash come from. His chamber.

When Clockwork entered he saw a mysterious figure wearing a black cloak that covered all their features. The only thing that could be seen was the red glow of their eyes.

The Master of Time pointed his staff at the stranger, "Who are you?"

The stranger didn't reply and turned to the viewing screen. Clockwork's temper was rising. He morphed his staff into a scythe in warning, "I ask again, who. Are. You?"

Once again, the stranger was silent. They just continued to stare at the screen.

Clockwork bared his teeth and he glowed with blue energy, "Do not make me ask a third time."

In reply, the mysterious figure fired a blast of red energy at the Time Master. Clockwork barely managed to dodge the blast before the figure landed a punch on him. He was knocked back but quickly recovered and lunged at the stranger, swinging his scythe as he did.