Chapter 9: Shocking Discoveries

A/N: *from inside Danny's war trench* Hellooooo peoples, welcome back.

Danny: Clockwork, anybody, come help me.

Me: Shh! Or else someone will hear you

Danny: Who cares? You're literally talking to the readers!

Me: Fair point. Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter

Danny's POV

"C'mon, just try it," Sam said beside me, waving her veggie burger in Tucker's face.

Tucker crossed his arms and turned his head away, "No way am I putting those evil vegetables in me. I'm still recovering from the whole 'Blood Blossom' thing!"

I laughed as my two friends continued to argue. They could go at this for hours unless I stepped in. But sometimes, it was funnier to just sit back and watch.

We were currently at our favourite hangout, Nasty Burger. I was currently slowly eating my order of fries while I watched my friends argue, when a hand slammed down on our table.

"Hey Fenturd," Dash's annoying voice teased.

I sighed, "What do you want Dash?" I really wasn't in the mood for him today.

Dash removed his hand from the table, "Just wanted to give you something."

Before I realized it, a tray of food including a drink, was spilled on me. I sat there covered in sauce, soda, and bits of food while Dash and his friends laughed. The jocks walked away and I grabbed a handful of napkins in a feeble attempt to clean myself off.

"You ok man?" Tucker asked.

I gave him a half-hearted glare, "I'm covered in Nasty Sauce Tuck. Feels great."

Tucker shrunk back a bit. "He's only trying to help Danny," Sam scolded.

I sighed, "Yeah you're right. Sorry Tuck." A female's voice screamed inside my head. Clutching my head in pain, I could faintly hear the worried voices of my friends. But the voice, it sounded like..... the castle! Something had to be extremely wrong for me to hear it's voice this strongly outside the Ghost Zone.

Just as suddenly as the screaming started, it stopped. All I heard now was a faint whimpering.

I felt my shoulder shaking. "-ny? Danny! Answer me!" I heard Sam say.

I groaned, "I'm ok, just a headache." Tucker and Sam didn't know about the whole 'castle being alive' thing. I hated keeping secrets from them again but this time it was well founded. Clockwork had told me to keep this stuff secret, in order to protect them.

I felt a cold sensation in my chest and I gasped as a blue mist escaped from my mouth. My friends and I shared a look and we all bolted out of the restaurant. Running to the back of the building I transformed while Sam and Tucker pulled out their personal Fenton Thermos's and wrist rays.

I searched for any sign of a ghost, but saw none. I used the little trick Clockwork taught me to see ghosts when they were invisible but still nothing. I frowned, that's the second time that this has happened. First was the movie theater and now here? What was going on? Was it my powers just acting up?

I was unable to focus on any more questions when a portal appeared beside me. Before I could cry out, a hand emerged from the portal and grabbed my arm, pulling me in.

Once I was through the portal I was released. I charged my hands with ecto-energy, preparing to fire on my abductor. But I was shocked to see King Pavor (but I still call him Fright Knight) floating beside me.