40: Day After Day

AN: I have a short update for you guys but this is important :) I hope you guys enjoy! 

PLAY THE SONG------------------------->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seung Hyun's POV

I followed my regular morning routine. I woke up, didn't bother about school, and I went straight to the hospital. It has been a month since Soo Ji was first admitted to the hospital and there is no good news to be told. The machine has been keeping her alive for these past few weeks, but I am hoping, very dearly, that this was all a test. That this was just a prank. That this isn't and never happened.

But sadly I am stuck in reality that I truly hope would just be a nightmare that I will soon wake from. I told myself this everyday because we musn't lose hope. I shouldn't. I opened the door of the Seoul National University Hospital. I saw the old man, who is suffering from leukemia, wave at me and I smiled back at him. He seemed happy despite the sufferings he's going through. I give him a quick nod and a grin that wasn't cheerful, but wasn't sad at all. 

I continued walking going to the elevator of the hospital, that I grew so accustomed to these past weeks. I go through the door of the elevator and I press the floor number where Soo Ji lay. After pressing the button, I let my hand rest by my side. I stood silent and I closed my eyes for a minute. Besides worrying, I haven't been sleeping. Stress it must be. I felt a shuffle next to me, making my eyes open. I bore my eyes on the the person beside me and I wasn't surprised. It was Key. I no longer bothered with the competition that we associated each other to be a part of. Not anymore. It doesn't matter. She's not even here. 

"You really need to sleep more, Seung Hyun." He said in a whisper-like voice. He glanced at my eyes, observing the dark clouds under my eyes. 

"I can't really say that you look any better, Kibum." He tensed when he heard his birth name spoken out loud. 

"Why did you tense up?" 

"Oh," he grinned to himself sadly. "Only Soo Ji called me that. I guess it's a habit for me to only hear that from her." He didn't dare to lift his head again. I placed my eyes on his slender form. He was much shorter than I, but he definitely has the personality that I would never be able to acquire. 

I look away and I hear a sniffle faintly. He whimpers. 

"Woah. Dude. Calm down. It's going to be okay." I stressed on the word. He continues to cry, this time the tears streaming hard like a storm. 

"Seung, Seung Hyun," he stuttered, his lips quivering. "I don't know how to go on. She's been in there for a month now! How--what--I can't do this! I can't help her. I am so lost without her."

The whole thing happened so quickly; I hugged him as if we were close friends. He need comfort more than I do. He ws weak--never have I thought of that word to describe Key. He had always managed to look so strong. Why was he showing me this side of him? Why? I don't get it. 

I patted his back as if I was a mother comforting her child. It made me wonder. What Soo Ji was doing so far away from Key and I.

***

**He wrote this diary entry because he thought that writing down his feelings and thoughts would help keep him focused and emotionally stable**

Diary Entry #14: Worries                                                           12/4/13

Today was tiresome. I couldn't believe that Christmas was approaching and Soo Ji is not yet conscious. Today was odd as well. Key and I met each other earlier today in the elevator. He told me that I needed to sleep and I told him the same. Then I called him by his actual name and he flinched. Then begun to sniffle, whimper, and then eventually, cry. He was tired, broken-hearted, and scared. As was I. I can't explain this thing that we have between us. We are so different yet so similar. I can't even begin to explain it. We considered each other as enemies, but I'm sure the lines are now blurred. I doubt I could ever redefine the line that once held us so far from each other's reach. We somehow understand each other in that broken way. We had the same feelings towards Soo Ji and the same dilemma. 

I don't know how to explain my feelings in this whole thing. Soo Ji has been in a coma for 4 weeks and I appear to look fine. Why is that? Why am I acting so collected when clearly I am breaking down? 

I have been asking those questions to myself these past few weeks. 

When I was at the hospital, I visited Soo Ji. Key couldn't see her today because he was too disheveled. I remember opening the door and my heart breaking every step I took towards her. I couldn't bare to see her just lying on the bed lifeless almost. She has gave me so much to smile about and so much to feel sorrow as well. I think back on the days where Young Bae and Ji Yong fancied her. She was so happy then as compared to now. 

I wish I could've given her so much more than my ignorance and my pranks. I wish. Oh how I wish. May I have the strength to wait and welcome Soo Ji back when she conscious and well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Hello! I am sorry that I could only write such a short update, but it is very vital and gives more detail to how Key and Seung Hyun are doign, as well as their relationship. I hope you guys like this and I hope you find me worthy enough to comment, fan, and vote. 

Thank you everyone! :D 

I can't wait until Christmas! How about you guys? :D 

Also I thought Miracles In December was appropriate for this chapter, don't you think? :) 

Well, have a nice day everyone :* Kisses for everyone! 

-AsianBabe