16: Childhood Memories ~•°•~

Key POV

~Flashback~

"Oppa, let's go play in the sandbox!" A five year old Soo Ji called out to me.

She motioned me to go next to her and--of course-- I followed her. Whenever I was with her, I felt safe and happy. I always felt like I belonged.

"Arasso! I'm coming!" I ran next to her. She gave me her usual sweet and cute smile.

That's it.

That was the smile that made me fall in love with her, even as a child

"Oppa, let's make a sand castle." She smiled and giggled before getting her words out.

My small, five year old heart skipped a beat as she giggled and smiled. I loved it when she did that; even though I don't think I knew what it meant back then, I still liked the feeling. The feeling of my beating heart, the pink blush that would creep up on my face, and the way my mind would throw thoughts about her made me feel, hot in a way.

I grunted and nodded in approval to her request. I sat next to her in the sandbox as I placed my hand to the warm sand.

"Here, do the base of the castle first." She told me, giving me the small, purple pail.

While she was on he process of giving me the pail, our hands touched, sending electricity through my skin. The pail dropped and caused a small 'plop' sound. My cheeks started to turn warm as she looked at me with her brown orbs.

"Here you go, Oppa. You dropped it." She carelessly smiled and handed me the purple pail.

I made sure that I didn't touch her hand because who know what I could do next.

~Another Flashback~ (he is 13 years old and she is 13 years old)

"Soo Ji-ah! Why are you leaving?" I asked her as she was crying her eyes out.

Her small eyes and cheeks were filled with red and tears. I reached out to her and she hugged me tightly.

"Oppa... Ap-p-pa. He d-ie-d." She gasped after every word, making her hard to understand, but I still understood her every word.

I pulled her deeper into my arms. She whimpered as she laid in mmy arms, but managed to calm her down after I stroked her head a couple times.

"Gwenchana, oppa is here." I stroked her head.

"But that's not the only thing. I'm-"

"Go on.... Tell me."

"I'm," She paused and took a deep breath. "I'm leaving to go to Seoul." She broke the news.

"You're leaving? Mwo (what)? Wae (why)?" I asked, confused about the situation.

"I'm moving because eomma got a new job at Seoul and she decided we needed a new start because Appa's death was depressing us all, so we are moving." She sniffled.

"When are you leaving?" I got the courage to ask the dreadful question.

"In two days, but I really don't want to go." She pouted and looked into my eyes.

"Whose going to be with you now, oppa?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'll be fine." I forced a smile, but she could tell it was a fake one, since she can see through me. If it was Soo Ji, she could read me like an open book.

"Ya, hajima (ya, stop it). You know I don't like it when you force a fake smile on me." She giggles sadly.

"Arasseo. I won't." I smiled a real smile and stroked her hair.

"Come on." I held her hand.

"Eodi-" I dragged her before she could finish her sentence.

"To have fun and to make a years of memories before you leave." I chuckled sadly.

Even if she was leaving, I can't spend my time doing nothing. I need to make as much memories as I can, at least to last me a long time, until we meet again.

~End of flashback~

"Oppa, what are you thinking about?" I quickly returned from my daydream and saw Soo Ji's angelic face in front of me.

"Aniya (nothing)." I chuckled shyly.

"Let's go to lunch now." She smiled towards me.

I nodded and smiled towards her. Then, I picked myself up from my desk and walked hand in hand with Soo Ji.

"Soo Ji-ah, where did we meet?" I asked her to see if she remembered.

"Wasn't it at the park. You know when I was all sad and stuff?" She answered after contemplating for a while.

"Oh yeah.. Right.." I said slightly saddened. I can't believe she doesn't remember anything. How could she forget we were best friends since we were like born?!

*Why did she not remember?* I asked myself, as I walked next to her, not showing any hesitation.

***

"Excuse me, ahjumma." I asked her politely.

"Neh, Kibum-ah (Yes, Kibum-ah)?" She asked me in a kind, motherly tone.

"You know how you used to live in Daegu. Well, I asked Soo Ji today if she remembered something from back then and she didn't remember it."

Her face expression changed.

"Well, after we moved here in Seoul, she became very sad. She couldn't take how her dad passed away. And she couldn't also take being away from you, her best friend. You see when a person has been depressed and traumatised their brain has this part to it and it -- sort of in a way-- it deletes memories before the incident that happen. I guess you can sort of say she has amnesia; I found this out and she totally forgot everything about Daegu, so I decided to keep it that way because I didn't want to bring her anymore pain she was in before. But I know that you will help her remember, so be patient with her." She said with a smile.

I smiled at her, unsure of what I should feel, but I went along with it.

"Then, I will go upstairs. I bet Soo Ji-ah was wondering why I'm taking so long to get up."

"Okay, it was nice talking to you." She smiled.

*So this is what was going on with you, Soo Ji... I'm going to make you fall for me.*

I smiled at the thought and went upstairs to see Soo Ji already asleep with homework on each of her side. She had a pencil in her hand and papers around her.

"Cute." I murmured and walked over to fix her sleeping position and to fix the papers she was surrounded in.

★★★

AN: YAY!!!!! I updated because I got so many good comments :) Although, I wawas so excited to update that I didn't get to edit, but I'm sure it's still as good, right? I don't know, keke.

I love you guys so much! I'm almost up to 3k hahaha :D I'm excited.

Now you KeJi (Key and Soo Ji) shippers know how Key feels!!! Awes!

Comment on what I should do for the next chapter!! It will help me a lot!

Don't forget to Fan, comment, and vote ^-^

Saranghe♥

-AsianBabe