25: Tell Me Goodbye :'(

Soo Ji POV

It's already passed the 3 weeks for our project and I have to say, that Seung Hyun wasn't that bad. I actually got to see pass his tough exterior.

Flashback~

"Seung Hyun, I can't figure this out!!! I have no idea how to do this!!" Soo Ji pleaded, her pencil on his nose as she tapped it, thinking.

"What's the problem?" He took his attention off of his work, to pay attention to Soo Ji's problem.

"I have no idea how to do this! It's so frustrating!! You know what, I give up!" She gives up and puts her head to be balanced by her two hands against her jaw.

"Here, I help you. Remember we're partners, so you should ask me anything, when you need it." He smiled, looking at Soo Ji.

Soo Ji felt something deep within her, somehow. It was warm and joyful, but at the moment, she didn't care for it. Seung Hyun looked at the next question and read it. He looked at the book, afterwards and skimmed the page.

"I found it! It's right here!" He exclaims.

Soo Ji looks at the book and smiles.

"Wah~ gomawo!! Not as dumb as he looks folks." She smiles, looking at Seung Hyun.

He felt his cold heart, melt a little bit more, every smile she gives him.

"It's nothing." He smiled back.

Flashback ends~

Anyway, with the project, we did very well on it. In fact, we got an A+ on it, so I was happy. I believe we were the only A+'s, but I wouldn't take my word for it.

***

Key POV:

Ring, ring!!

I picked up my phone and looked at the person calling.

Eomma

I was filled with joy, so I immediately pushed the phone to my ear.

"Yobosehyo? Eomma?"

"Oh, Kibum-ah!" Her tone was still the same, even from the phone; I missed that.

"Oh, eomma!" I showed the happiness in my voice.

"Kibum-ah, did you miss eomma?"

"Of course, I did. How's appa?"

"He's fine. How are you holding up there at Myung Hee's house with Soo Ji and Joonie-ah? You're doing well right?!" She sounded crazy, but I love her and she's my mother.

"Of course, eomma. I love it here." I replied, thinking about Soo Ji, with a smile.

"Did you just smile when you said 'love'?" She sounded frantic and insane, but she had a good intuition.

"Yeah, I did, but eomma how did you know?"

"Well, you're my son, of course I know." She said, making me laugh.

After a while though, everything cooled down, and there was a silence that replaced the laughter that was being exchanged between us.

"Son, I hate to be the barer of bad news, but I want you to leave Korea and join us here in America. We miss you and your appa....." Silence again was present.

"He's getting sick." She sighed out, sounding sad and mortified.

I felt my world freeze right, then and there.

"Appa-" I paused for a little while.

"Eomma, what do you mean 'sick'?" I narrowed my eyes at the floor, staring at it intently as I tried to control my emotions.